The End of Elsewhere: Travels Among the Tourists

by taras grescoe | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingBadgerjimwing of Augusta, Maine USA on 6/2/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingBadgerjimwing from Augusta, Maine USA on Monday, June 02, 2014
Tart book about the foibles of tourists. I bought it at Marden's in Calais, ME with releasing in mind.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBadgerjimwing at Bristol, Maine USA on Friday, August 29, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (8/28/2014 UTC) at Bristol, Maine USA

Given to my friend Covert. I hope that you enjoy the book--and thanks for coming to Bookcrossing.com! When you have a moment, I'd appreciate it if you'd write a journal entry to say where this book has gone next.

Journal Entry 3 by Covert at Bristol, Maine USA on Monday, September 08, 2014
This book was one of a whole bagful that Badgerjim passed on to me when we met in his home state of Maine.
I've read a good bit of it by now - the author is a very engaging writer. However, though I'm finding the book quite readable, I'm also finding it quite sad. Gresco seems to me to have gone to great lengths to seek out the seamier side of human nature wherever he went...and found it. We often do find what we look for.

An interesting exposition dealing with a segment of humanity - thanks, Badgerjim!