Going Solo

by Roald Dahl | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 6/2/2014
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, June 02, 2014
Found this pristine copy for £1 at yesterday's Sunday Market, Carew, Wales. Looking forward to reading this again.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2016
This book picks up Roald Dahl's life up from where it ended, at the end of his childhood in 'Boy'. If you thought his childhood makes for interesting reading, what happens next is even more extraordinary! I wasn't laughing so much in this one, mainly gasping! I felt the ending was a bit abrupt. Because you suddenly realise, we've only just scratched the surface of his first 26 or so years - and the man lived almost another 5o years! I do feel these two books were written with children in mind, perhaps that's why he thought he should leave it there?

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, May 14, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (5/14/2016 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

This is a surprise bonus in a RABCK packet going to Finland.

Journal Entry 4 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 17, 2019
I liked this even better than the previous book, probably because I love reading about this time period and Dahl's life at the time was pretty damn interesting.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Thank you for the book, Slipperbunny! It was nice to see you!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, March 15, 2019
I wonder how RAF could waste men and planes just for nothing as they send them flying away without giving the men proper schooling and instructions. It is criminal, I think.