1911 Best Things Anybody Ever Said

by Robert Byrne | Reference |
Registered by gnissorckoob of Miami, Florida USA on 1/15/2004
Journal Entry 1 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, January 15, 2004
Entertaining quotes, such as...

While you're saving face, you're losing ass.
--Lyndon Johnson

Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.
--Phyllis Diller

I hate quotations.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mostly one-liners.

Journal Entry 2 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, January 17, 2004
Mailed today to kayote, via the Humor Relay.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkayotewing from Champaign, Illinois USA on Saturday, January 24, 2004
Received. More once read.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkayotewing at Champaign, Illinois USA on Friday, March 08, 2019
Well, apparently I got this just before I moved. I'm not sure if I didn't realize it was a BX book or it was one of the ones that got lost in the basement (though I thought I'd found all those, even if about 8 years after we moved). Then I moved again, and this ended up on a prominent shelf.

This is full of delightful bon mots and witticisms and quips and quotes. It also had a healthy dose of forgettable comments. All of which is expected from a book of quotes. I think a lot of the forgettable ones might have been funnier when the book was published, but didn't age well. Given that most quote books just have ones that are forgettable, I suppose that speaks better of this one overall.

It is mostly very short quotes and sayings. Divided into some very rough and broad categories. Good to pick up, flip through, laugh, and then put back on the shelf (another reason I've had it so long).

My favorite right now is "never invest in anything that eats or needs repairing" but my foray into rental ownership is just proving that a nice house for me is not a nice rental!

Will be sending this on. I've held onto it quite long enough!

Journal Entry 5 by wingkayotewing at Illini Union: Little Free Library in Urbana, Illinois USA on Friday, March 08, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (3/8/2019 UTC) at Illini Union: Little Free Library in Urbana, Illinois USA

In the Little Free Library just inside the circle drive entrance.