The Hypnotist

BOOK ON TOUR  !
by Lars Kepler | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGhaneschawing of Gmunden, Oberösterreich Austria on 5/23/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingGhaneschawing from Gmunden, Oberösterreich Austria on Friday, May 23, 2014

Wunschlistenbuch
Tumba, Sweden. A triple homicide - all of the victims from the same family and murdered without apparent motive - captivates Detective Inspector Joona Linna, who goes against the grain of the national police and demands to investigate the murders himself.

The killer is at large, and it appears that the elder sister of the family escaped the carnage. But she is still missing and it might be only a matter of time until she too is found dead. Where can Linna begin? The sole witness is an intended victim - the boy whose parents and younger sister were killed before his eyes. Whoever committed the crimes intended for this boy to die: he has suffered multiple knife wounds and has been taken to the Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm, where he lies in a state of shock.

Linna, devoid of enough information on which to build his investigation and barred by doctors from questioning the one surviving witness, who is in no condition to talk, finally succeeds in enlisting the help of disgraced specialist, Dr Erik Bark. Dr Bark has sworn he will never again practice hypnosis, as it is ethically dubious and possibly scarring, but then he breaks his promise ...

Journal Entry 2 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, December 28, 2014
This is weird. It seems like I have forgotten to journal this book. And that has happened a lot.

Journal Entry 3 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, April 11, 2020
I finished this book today while sitting outside in the sun. It was a long and wild ride. I did not guess the perpetrator. I'm glad I finished this one. I hope to make someone else happy with this book, when I've a chance to release it.