A Bend in the Road

by Nicholas Sparks | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAramenawing of Noble, Oklahoma USA on 1/14/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingAramenawing from Noble, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, January 14, 2004
Found at thrift store. From back cover:

Miles Ryan's life seemed to end the day his wife was killed in a hit-and-run accident two years ago. As deputy sheriff of New Bern, North Carolina, he not only grieves for her and worries about their young son Jonah but longs to bring the unknown driver to justice. Then Miles meets Sarah Andrews, Jonah’s second-grade teacher. A young woman recovering from a difficult divorce, Sarah moved to New Bern hoping to start over. Tentatively, Miles and Sarah reach out to each other...soon they are falling in love. But what neither realizes is that they are also bound together by a shocking secret, one that will force them to reexamine everything they believe in -- including their love.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAramenawing from Noble, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, July 29, 2004
I have started a book ring with this book, and it is in the mail today to the first participant! Here is the order:

Vsimeone (US)
LGinder (US)
Mamikaem (US)
Bcosta (Brazil)
Apaola (Brazil)
Nikel27 (Germany)
vzfamily (US)
versacevixen (US)

Then back to Aramena (formerly casseytara)!

If anyone has any issues with the order, please let me know and I’ll try to rearrange!

I will leave this ring open in the event someone wants to join at a later date and be added to the end.

Journal Entry 3 by vsimeone from Massillon, Ohio USA on Friday, August 6, 2004
The bookring nightmare! I just received this book as well as another one in the mail today. I'm just finishing up one more and since I journaled the other book first, I'll make it next and finish it up as soon as I can and then move on to this one. Thanks for including me in the ring!

Journal Entry 4 by vsimeone from Massillon, Ohio USA on Wednesday, September 8, 2004
I finished this last night. Romantic love story with lots of twists and turns along the way. (Possible spoiler) I was afraid it wasn't going to be a happy ending but I really liked the way it turned out. Thanks for sharing and letting me participate in the ring!

This will be in the mail to Lginder this afternoon!

Journal Entry 5 by LGinder on Friday, September 17, 2004
Got in todays mail. I have 1.5 books ahead of it but shouldn't take me more than a week or two to get it moving again.

Journal Entry 6 by LGinder on Sunday, September 26, 2004
I went in last week to get it to read - and it was missing! One of my older daughters saw it and took it to work to read! She had read the Notebook and thought this one looked interesting. It was returned and she gave it high marks. I'm currently 3/4 done and have pm'd the next in line for her address. Should finish up tomorrow and mail with luck this week.

Journal Entry 7 by LGinder on Monday, September 27, 2004
A wonderful tragic romance (if there is such a thing). I really enjoy reading his books. Have the address of the next in line and will mail tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this with me and my daughter!

Journal Entry 8 by Mamikaem from Maryland Heights, Missouri USA on Monday, October 4, 2004
Received this in the mail today with a stamp on the front of the envelope that read, "Opened for inspection by the USPS" -- very strange! There didn't seem to be anything suspicious-looking about the envelope! Anyway, the post office nicely wrapped it back up and it has arrived safely! I have a small stack of bookrings/rays TBR in front of it, but hope to get to it as soon as I can! Thanks!!

UPDATE: 11/13/04 - started this last night!

Journal Entry 9 by Mamikaem from Maryland Heights, Missouri USA on Friday, November 26, 2004
I just finished this. It was not as good as other books by Sparks. It was somewhat predictable and way too sappy, but I did enjoy the ending!

Thanks to casseytara and others before me on this ring! Mailed this to bcosta on 11/27/04 via surface mail. It should take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive.

Journal Entry 10 by bcosta from Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro Brazil on Wednesday, March 2, 2005
Received today in the mail and will begin reading it shortly. Thanks!

UPD 03/30 --> Sorry! I forgot to make a journal entry after I read this book.
I had already read this one in Portuguese, but didn't realize it until I started reading.
I'm happy I could read it again.
Thanks so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by apaola from São Paulo, São Paulo Brazil on Tuesday, March 29, 2005
I've just received it. Thanks bcosta.
I'll do my best to start reading it soon.

Journal Entry 12 by apaola from São Paulo, São Paulo Brazil on Sunday, April 3, 2005
This was the first book from Sparks that I read, and I did love it a lot. And I have to agree with LGinder ... "it's a wonderful tragic romance". I'm really looking forward to reading other Spaks' books.
Thank you Aramena for the opportunity.

(04/05/05)I have just sent it to nikel27. It will take about 25 days to get there.

Journal Entry 13 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Monday, April 18, 2005
arrived safe at my house.

update:
just start reading this book, I will take it with me to the states and sent from their to the next member.
Because of this I will make now a release note

Journal Entry 14 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (5/11/2005 UTC) at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

EnJoy the book !!!

Journal Entry 15 by vzfamily from Willard, Ohio USA on Monday, May 30, 2005
I'm a big Nicholas Sparks fan - so I loved this book of course!

Released 16 yrs ago (6/6/2005 UTC) at Postal Release in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

Sent this back to Aramena! The bookring has been completed!!! YEAH!!!

Journal Entry 17 by wingAramenawing from Noble, Oklahoma USA on Friday, June 10, 2005
The book has come home safely! Thanks to everyone for making this ring a sucess! Now it's back in my TBR pile!

Journal Entry 18 by wingAramenawing from Noble, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, August 17, 2006
I read this about a month ago and really enjoyed it. I've only read three of Sparks' books so far and they are all kind of sappy, but in a good way! Yes, it was a little predictable, and it wasn't too hard to figure out who the mystery narrator was, but overall a good read.

This is now on it's way to supersunshine - enjoy!

Journal Entry 19 by moondawgger from Carlsbad, California USA on Sunday, July 13, 2008
Received as a RABCK.