Way of the Wolf (The Vampire Earth)

by E. E. Knight | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wing1972Galadrielwing of Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 1/14/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wing1972Galadrielwing from Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, January 14, 2004
Year 2065=scifi
Vampires = fantasy
Well, just what I like.

Journal Entry 2 by wing1972Galadrielwing from Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, March 10, 2004
Its 2065, David Valentine is a young soldier with the rebellious Wolves. They fight the Alien Reapers (vampires) They took earth about 45 yaers ago.

I loved it!

This will be a bookring! CLOSED edit--> will become a ray.

Send a message to the next person in line before sending the book!

1. Quest-Kraven - Canada
11. snowmyst - usa
12. MSO - Portugal
13. E-mile - NL

Next group of readers

Luintaurien - USA Nebraska (stalled due to circumstances?)

Journal Entry 3 by wing1972Galadrielwing at postal release in Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, March 12, 2004
Released on Friday, March 12, 2004 at postal release in Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands.

bookring sent to Quest-Kraven

Journal Entry 4 by Quest-Kraven from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 18, 2004
Woohoo! The book arrived today. That was a lot quicker than I expected.

I'll probably start reading this on Saturday and try my best to finish it promptly. Thanks for letting me join this bookring :)

Q-K

Journal Entry 5 by Quest-Kraven from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 01, 2004
Though I tried several times to read this book, somehow it just didn't click for me and I couldn't finish it. I'll admit, I'm more of a fantasy reader than a hardcore Sci-fi reader so that might have played a part in my lack of interest. Also, books with a strong war/battlefield theme don't seem to grab my attention very easily.

I thought the opening chapter sounded great, but I was disappointed that chapters 2-7 were spent backtracking on Valentine's military exploits. I ended up skimming the rest of the book. The later chapters seem to be more interesting so maybe it was just the first 3rd of the book that seemed really slow.

Since I didn't fully read this book, I won't assign any star rating. Still, I'm glad I had the opportunity to check this book out. Thanks again! :)

**update: mailed to sweetnessnf 04/02/04. Man, I can't believe it cost me $9.77 to mail it regular service just to another province. Canada Post stinks! :P

Journal Entry 6 by Sweetnessnf from Old Perlican, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Saturday, April 17, 2004
I just got this in the mail yesterday and moved it immediately to the top of my TBR list.

Journal Entry 7 by Sweetnessnf from Old Perlican, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Thursday, April 29, 2004
I loved this book... it was very hard to put down once I started reading it. I can't wait to read the next in the series! I am sending it on to the next in line on check day(Wednesday, May 5)

Journal Entry 8 by chivers from Recife, Pernambuco Brazil on Friday, June 18, 2004
just arrived. i have 3 other bookrings with me right now, but next week starts my 1 month vacation (40 days to me precise). when i start reading i'll let you know.

update: 03/04 - just started reading it.

Journal Entry 9 by chivers from Recife, Pernambuco Brazil on Tuesday, July 13, 2004
wow!!!! that was an incredible reading!!!! at first i couldn't get into the book (i think i was kind of tired, after all my tests and the other bookrings that i had to read really fast :) ), but then the book really surprised me!!!! i can't wait to red the next one!!!! i already asked the next bx'er for his/her address, and will mail this soon.
thanks 1972galadriel!!!

Journal Entry 10 by moonglow18 from Rainsville, Alabama USA on Sunday, September 05, 2004
I recieved this book on August 30th and i tried to read it right away but i couldn't quite get into this book. I love everything about vampires but i think that the scifi was a little beyond me. I am not a big fan of scifi. Thanks for letting me join this ring and i will be sending this on to tchouli on Tuesday morning. Thanks

Journal Entry 11 by moonglow18 at Another bookcrossing member in Rainsville, Alabama USA on Sunday, September 05, 2004

Released 14 yrs ago (9/7/2004 UTC) at Another bookcrossing member in Rainsville, Alabama USA

Journal Entry 12 by tchouli from Snellville, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 06, 2004
recvd today - can't wait to read!
thanks

Journal Entry 13 by tchouli from Snellville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, October 19, 2004
mailed today to First-Noel

not a fast read - but i liked the characters and it was another interesting interpretation on vampires.

Journal Entry 14 by First-Noel from San Antonio, Texas USA on Saturday, November 13, 2004
yay! This one finally got here. I was afraid it would become a casualty of the USPS. But it's safe and sound. Thanks so much, I can't wait to sink into this one.

Journal Entry 15 by tish2002 on Monday, January 24, 2005
Got it! Thanks First-Noel.

Journal Entry 16 by tish2002 on Monday, January 31, 2005
Great book! I loved it! I thought it was well written and very clever. I didn't get bored with it at all. I found it interesting all the way through.

I received an address from ladyoflight and will be mailing soon.
DC# 02805213907075048894

Journal Entry 17 by ladyoflight from Somerville, Massachusetts USA on Friday, February 25, 2005
Received this in the mail today. I'll begin reading it soon and then send it on its way. Thanks.

Journal Entry 18 by ladyoflight from Somerville, Massachusetts USA on Monday, March 07, 2005
I tried my hardest, but I just couldn't get into this book. It was too much sci-fi and too little fantasy for me. Thanks all the same for the offer. I'll send it to the next person in line.

Journal Entry 19 by TemekuGirl from Temecula, California USA on Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Received and will try to read as soon as possible. =)

Journal Entry 20 by TemekuGirl from Temecula, California USA on Tuesday, May 24, 2005
So sorry I had this book for so long but I forgot I had it because I couldn't get into it and it literally got buried under some other books. Will send to the next in line as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 21 by FifthElement from Warrensburg, Missouri USA on Saturday, June 11, 2005
Received this in the mail yesterday. I have been looking forward to finishing off the bookrays/rings that I have listed so I can start a new list. :) I will read and get out to the next in line ASAP.

Journal Entry 22 by FifthElement from Warrensburg, Missouri USA on Tuesday, June 14, 2005
I loved this book. Now I must find the others in the series to see what happens. Way of the Wolf (book 1), Choice of the Cat (book 2), and Tale of the Thunderbolt (book 3). Thanks for sharing 1972Galadriel. Waiting to hear from the next in line so I can send this book on.
Sent first PM on 6-13-05 and second on 6-20-05 to the next in line.
ISO posted in Bookrays/rings/boxes http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/2317013/4/subj_-ISO-snowmyst
Third and final e-mail 6-27-05,if no response I will be going to the next in line. Two PM's and Two e-mail (e-mail came back to me as undeliverable full mailbox) and a ISO put in forum. I am skipping snowmyst and going on to the next in line.

Journal Entry 23 by FifthElement from Warrensburg, Missouri USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Way of the Wolf is on it's way to Portugal.

Journal Entry 24 by MSO on Monday, July 04, 2005
Arrived today , i will began readiong soon as possible

Journal Entry 25 by wing1972Galadrielwing from Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, December 01, 2005
MSO since your last respons I have seen no journal or pm. And you do not repsond to my last pm. Please forward the book as requested. 5 months is more than enough time to read the book.
Sorry to be this rude..but i am tired of chasing after my own bookrings(this is not the only stalled one) with a nice pm.

For the previous readers..sorry to bother you with this!

Journal Entry 26 by MSO on Friday, December 02, 2005
sorry for the delay, but the book is already on the mail, and should be there soon

Journal Entry 27 by wing1972Galadrielwing from Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, December 07, 2005
The book has arrived.

Journal Entry 28 by E-mile from Almere, Flevoland Netherlands on Saturday, January 21, 2006
oeps..... Good thing you checked on this book, Gala!!! Like I already suspected: I've put it in one of the boxes with books for nrrdgrrl in South Africa!! Thankfully I didn't send the boxes yet, so now it's on it's rightfull place: On top of Mount To Be Read.....

Journal Entry 29 by E-mile from Almere, Flevoland Netherlands on Tuesday, August 29, 2006
The book looks like a good read, but for some reason I can't seem to get in the mood for it. So I contacted Galadriel to let her know I won't be reading it at this point so the book can continue it's travel....

Journal Entry 30 by wing1972Galadrielwing from Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, August 29, 2006
And this ray will continue :)

Next readers:
Luintaurien - USA Nebraska <- reading
other member removed from list since this ray has stalled :-(

Journal Entry 31 by E-mile at a Book Ray in by mail, Another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 11, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (9/11/2006 UTC) at a Book Ray in by mail, Another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

The ray goes to the States now....
Have fun with the book!!

Journal Entry 32 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Saturday, September 30, 2006
Got it today. Thank you. Will read and pass on ASAP.

Journal Entry 33 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Sending on as soon as I get an address.