The Inferno Collection

by Jacqueline Seewald | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 4/15/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, April 15, 2014
The words are winding

down along the throat,
then constrict.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (4/23/2014 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This book had the luck to participate and be chosen from Ollie's VBB, Round 2! :)

I hope you'll enjoy it and it will bring you many great hours of reading! :D

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, April 28, 2014
Thanks for sending this book to me from Ollie1976's Anything Goes VBB - Round #2. It looks interesting. I've never heard of this author before, but the story seems really interesting.

Book Description: When Kim Reynolds, a university reference librarian with clairvoyant ability, is contacted by her friend, Lorette Campbell, a grad student in the English doctoral program, a chain of frightening events unfolds. Lorette, worried that someone is out to harm her, asks Kim to look into the possibility that an inferno collection exists at the library.

After Lorette dies, the police initially write it off as a suicide. Kim, convinced Lorette was murdered, begins her own investigation, placing her own life in jeopardy. She becomes romantically involved with dashing, popular professor, Don Bernard, as well as tough police detective, Mike Gardner.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, August 22, 2014
My Review: This was a good mystery, not great, but it is good. The main character Kim Reynolds was interesting. The author seemed to try and crack out the old Thesaurus to find some large words such as: punctilious. I know that the story takes place in a university and most of the people are professors, graduate students and intelligent people, but it still rang false for me. It seemed a bit pretentious to me because there was too much of it. I would have liked more description of the characters and other things. A few of the characters had some psychic ability, and it wasn't really used as part of the plot. That could have been explored more for my taste.

Saved for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 08, 2014

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 03, 2015
This one hasn't been chosen in 2 rounds so I am making this one available.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (9/9/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA

Left in the Acworth - Little Free Library #5161. Enjoy the book!