The Sunday Wife

by Cassandra King | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 10/2/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Amazon Editorial Review

Married for 20 years to the Reverend Benjamin Lynch, a handsome, ambitious minister of the prestigious Methodist church, Dean Lynch has never quite adjusted her temperament to the demands of the role of a Sunday wife. When her husband is assigned to a larger and more demanding community in the Florida panhandle, Dean becomes fast friends with Augusta Holderfield, a woman whose good looks and extravagant habits immediately entrance her. As their friendship evolves, Augusta challenges Dean to break free from her traditional role as the preacher's wife. Just as Dean is questioning everything she has always valued, a tragedy occurs, providing the catalyst for change in ways she never could have imagined.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 14, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/14/2016 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Released as part of the General Literature VBB, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 3 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 27, 2016
Received this in the mail February 24. My pick from the General Literature VBB. Thanks so much for sharing. I look forward to reading this one!

Journal Entry 4 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 10, 2016
The main character, Dean Lynch is the wife of a Methodist minister, married for 20 years. As a preacher's wife, the expectations of the church congregation were high as were those of her husband, the preacher. The Rev. Ben is a pious, egotistical man who needs Dean to take care of his every need, and "behave" herself while being at the beck and call of the church. Reading this book was a bit odd for me because I did not like the main characters. Ben enraged me, while Dean frustrated me with her weakness and inability to stand up to him or change her life. However, as the book progressed I did find it hard to put down, always wondering where it would go next and if Dean would follow her dream. She really was on a journey as the blurb on the back cover suggests, and a challenging journey it was indeed.

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington Mall in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (11/8/2018 UTC) at Burlington Mall in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Left beside a lamp post in the parking lot.
Released for the 2018 "The" Challenge & the 2018 NJABBIC Challenge (week 44: picture of a body of water).

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use me, Maranlin, as a referring member.