Modoc: The True Story Of The Greatest Elephant That Ever Lived

by Ralph Helfer | Nonfiction |
Registered by MissTree of Oceanside, California USA on 4/12/2014
Journal Entry 1 by MissTree from Oceanside, California USA on Saturday, April 12, 2014
This is the story of the love between a man and an elephant, and their adentures - many times heart-rending, always triumphant.

I really liked this book. It was right up my alley. I really wanted to love it. The problem is that it seemed 1% true, and 99% story, while it was marketed as non-fiction.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed it greatly. It had all the elements of a fictional book that draw me in - the connection between Modoc and her trainer, Bram, high adenture, emotional highs and lows. It was wonderful. If it had been sold as fiction, I would have loved it unreservedly, and it probably would have earned a 9 rating from me.

I plan to release this on 4/21, International Bookcrossing Day.

Released 5 yrs ago (4/21/2014 UTC) at Panera Bread, 401 Vista Village Dr. (OBCZ) in Vista, California USA

Left at the OBCZ.

Happy International Bookcrossing Day!

Journal Entry 3 by princess-peapod at San Marcos, California USA on Sunday, May 11, 2014
Picked up at Panera Bread while visiting with a girlfriend

Journal Entry 4 by princess-peapod at San Luis Obispo, California USA on Saturday, November 11, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (11/14/2017 UTC) at San Luis Obispo, California USA

If you found this book while in the area of San Luis Obispo, CA. feel free to come by and check out Joe Mommas which houses our bookshelf! We also hold our local meetups on the first Tuesday of each month at 5pm there, please come join the fun! The books on the shelf are free to for you to read, enjoy and pass along to another!

Sending off to a fellow bookcrosser in a effort to clean shelves & send books into the world!!!

"A book is a mysterious object, I said, and once it floats out into the world, anything can happen. All kinds of mischief can be caused, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. For better or worse, it's completely out of your control."
Paul Auster

Journal Entry 5 by princess-peapod at Little free library in San Luis Obispo, California USA on Saturday, October 27, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (10/27/2018 UTC) at Little free library in San Luis Obispo, California USA

Paul Auster