The Street Lawyer

by John Grisham | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by tanabata on 1/12/2004
Journal Entry 1 by tanabata on Monday, January 12, 2004
Synopsis from Amazon
Michael was a rising star at "Drake and Sweeney", a giant Washington DC firm with 800 lawyers. But a violent encounter with a homeless man stopped him cold. Michael survived; his assailant did not. Michael did some digging, and found a dirty little secret, which involved "Drake and Sweeney".

Release planned for Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at Cittie of Yorke pub, 22 High Holborn Rd in London-Holborn, England United Kingdom.

Picked up at MeetUp...

Journal Entry 3 by Bersimah at == somewhere in Holborn == in Holborn, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, January 10, 2005
Released on Monday, January 10, 2005 at about 10:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at lower floor at a meetup in London Cittie of York pub, England United Kingdom.

Journal Entry 4 by Miss-R from Lingfield, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Another to add to my John Grisham pile. I've only read a couple of his books but I liked them.

Journal Entry 5 by Miss-R from Lingfield, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, June 13, 2005
Another good read from John Grisham. I liked this more than the others I've read, I think because the issue of homelessness and the way the homeless are dealt with was handled with sensitivity. I would recommend this.

Journal Entry 6 by Semioticghost from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Picked up at the London MeetUp after having read my first Girsham last week. That one pleasantly surprised me, so I'm looking forward to this.

Journal Entry 7 by Semioticghost from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 29, 2005
I njeoyed this, partly because of Grisham's sclear sympathy for the subject matter and partly because it's a titghtly-plotted page-turne like most of his books, or so I gather.
I'm surprised he did not mention giving a samll percentage of the book's profits to a homeless charity - it would have struck me as such a natural thing to do..Maybe he is just too polite ot mention it. I wish.

Journal Entry 8 by Anfield from Bagshot, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, July 07, 2005
I cauight this at the convention for my DH to read, but since he has already read it, it will be released in sunny Baghsot very soon!