The Lies That Bind: A Bibliophile Mystery

by Kate Carlisle | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 4/3/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Monday, June 6, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (6/6/2016 UTC) at Leesville, South Carolina USA

Releasing this Wishlist book as part of the Tag Game, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 3 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Friday, February 8, 2019
I just realized that I had not journalled this book when I received it. I am truly sorry.
The book was safely received and read and enjoyed. It has been waiting for it's next reader and is planning on heading out soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjosieriverswing at Wishlist Tag Game , A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 9, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (2/9/2019 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game , A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. The best book is a shared book.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me, Josierivers or Southernfryed as your referring member.

Happy Readings!

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, February 11, 2019
Thank you so much, josierivers, for this wishlist book via the tag game! (And for the surprise extra book as well.) :-) I appreciate your generosity!

Journal Entry 6 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Read it a few months ago and it's been sitting on my overflowing "to be reviewed" shelf ever since, as the details of the book fly out of my head into the ether. This system needs to change!

I do enjoy anything having to do with books (big surprise!) and am fascinated by the craft of bookbinding and repair.
Amazon:
When it comes to rare books and antiquities, Brooklyn Wainwright is a master. Which is why she's returned home to San Francisco to teach a bookbinding class at Bay Area Book Arts. Unfortunately, BABA director Layla Fontaine is a horrendous host who pitches fits and lords over her subordinates. With the help of her beau, British security officer Derek Stone, Brooklyn manages to put up a brave face and endure.

Unfortunately, someone else is not so forgiving. Layla is found dead of a gunshot wound, and Brooklyn is bound and determined to investigate. But when Layla's past ends up intertwined with Derek's, Brooklyn realizes that the case is much more personal than she thought—and that the killer might want to close the book on her for good.

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (9/22/2020 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Traveling to fulfill a wish.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 8 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
The fat parcel with five (!) books arrived safe and sound today, thank you đź’–.
I have tried bookbinding in the 1980'ies and with much huffing and puffing managed to give one oldie a new life. On hindsight, why on earth did I choose a Swedish book I had never read - and still haven't? Perhaps I was so sure I would ruin the book.
A bibliophile mystery has to be good, hasn't it?

Journal Entry 9 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 7, 2021

Released 8 mos ago (3/7/2021 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I am busy reading promised tags, but my old friend and workmate from the Academic Bookstore is in need of new books to read, as she has been socially distancing herself for about a year now. She got her first corona shot a week ago, but we still have to be careful.
The book will return to me when it has been read. Just dropping a bagful of books behind her door in the morning.

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, May 13, 2021
I didn't read the book because the characters appeared rather unpleasant.

Journal Entry 11 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, May 13, 2021
Oops, that was a piece of judgement I hadn't waited! The book is back home and hopefully I'll soon have time to read it.

Journal Entry 12 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 16, 2021
I finally get around reading this. I noticed that I've read and released another book of this series directly into my local bookbinder's mailbox eleven years ago and not heard a peep from it since. Obviously he didn't like the book, or perhaps he regarded it as hate mail, with a murder and all...
By the way, AF was quite right, the characters are rather unpleasant.

Journal Entry 13 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 16, 2021
Edinburgh Book Festival mentioned. I happened to be there for a few hours in 2017, when we had a shore break on a cruise around Great Britain. I have to say the Helsinki Book Fair is actually better... More book sellers and less beer tents.

Journal Entry 14 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 17, 2021
Weaving mentioned. I was so sorry that a lovely nearby weaving shop and workshop went bust just before corona - and just as I had found it! I love weaving rug mats from cuttings of my old clothes and sheets. Recycling at its best.

Journal Entry 15 by wingkirjakkowing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Ă–sterbotten Finland on Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/20/2021 UTC) at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Ă–sterbotten Finland

A wishlist tag! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 16 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Ă–sterbotten Finland on Monday, October 25, 2021
Thank you! I'll read this soon!