Beautiful Ruins: A Novel

by Jess Walter | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0061928178 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingvalpetewing of Walnut Creek, California USA on 3/27/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingvalpetewing from Walnut Creek, California USA on Thursday, March 27, 2014
I selected this book for both of my book discussion groups and most people loved its richness, its many layers and the beautiful language.

Journal Entry 2 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (4/5/2014 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Sending this along to BillBooks. It is a Book Ray, with only one participant. Take your time with it...it's a fun read. Hopefully, you'll find another reader when you are done.

Journal Entry 3 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Thursday, April 24, 2014
Thanks Valpete for your generosity I really do owe you. It's on the mount but I do have several rings to get through at the moment.

Journal Entry 4 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Sunday, May 24, 2015
Absolutely adored this book. How one author write such a beautiful love story one chapter then scathing cynicism in another is outstanding. A real find thanks Valpete will be looking for more books by this author. Now of to Catsalive.

Journal Entry 5 by catsalive at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Friday, May 29, 2015
Thanks, Billbooks.

Journal Entry 6 by catsalive at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, June 10, 2015
How disappointing. I really tried to like this book but couldn't do it - I felt it repelling me from the first chapter for some reason & I never recovered from it. I'm too old to force myself to finish a book I'm not enjoying, so I didn't, but I did give it a good try & skimmed quite a bit to ensure I got the gist. I've read a lot of good reviews & feel I must have been reading a different book.

Journal Entry 7 by catsalive at Southern Crossers, Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (7/26/2016 UTC) at Southern Crossers, Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases

Sent to book-a-neer for the July 2016 SCBE.

Journal Entry 8 by book-a-neer at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, August 04, 2016
Hmmm... different reviews but I might give it a go. Thank you catsalive.

Journal Entry 9 by book-a-neer at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 05, 2019
This book has been in the shelf for a while now and I think it’s time to let it go.

Journal Entry 10 by book-a-neer at LFL Brunswick in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 05, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (4/5/2019 UTC) at LFL Brunswick in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

If you have found this book please know that it is a travelling book. It is not lost. You see, we at bookcrossing, love our books so much that we like to share it with the world. Read it if you think it's interesting enough and/or pass it on to someone who might enjoy it as well.