corner corner Foxglove Summer

Foxglove Summer
by Ben Aaronovitch | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by pocci85 of Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 1/10/2015

status (set by Lubiette): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by pocci85 from Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Habe das Buch doppelt, deshalb geht eines auf die Reise.

Journal Entry 2 by pocci85 at Café M (OBCZ) in Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/21/2015 UTC) at Café M (OBCZ) in Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Mitgenommen zum Meet-up.

Journal Entry 3 by winglinguistkriswing at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Sorry for the late journal! This book has been with me since my visit to Aachen in spring, and has been waiting to travel on for all too long.
I loved this and am quite excited to be able to share it with somebody who has been looking for it.

Enjoy, Tanamo -- and please forgive how long it's taken me.

Journal Entry 4 by winglinguistkriswing at Wishlist Tag, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 09, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (7/9/2015 UTC) at Wishlist Tag, by mail -- Controlled Releases

In the mail to Tanamo in Leicestershire!

Journal Entry 5 by Tanamo at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Safely received. Thanks a lot.

Journal Entry 6 by Tanamo at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 06, 2015

Enjoyed this latest novel in the series but none of the subsequent books have ever beaten the first novel. I loved the tongue in cheek humour in that one.

Journal Entry 7 by Tanamo at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/12/2015 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Mailed to another bookcrosser via the European wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 8 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

This arrived today - thanks a lot for tagging me, Tanamo!

Journal Entry 9 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Monday, August 24, 2015

Quirky and entertaining, a lovely, quick, fun read - pretty much what I expected from this urban fantasy series. Or should this one be called rural fantasy?
At some point I started consulting the Google Maps satellite view. I love it when Aaronovitch bases places in his books on existing places, such as Skygarden on Heygate Estate in Broken Homes. I'd really like to walk the Mortimer Trail now...
(But the constant "me and Beverly" is getting on my nerves, somebody should teach Peter some grammar.)
The Hanging Tree will be published in November!
Photo: retired wizard Hugh Oswald's house (in real life: Raymond Erith's Hereford Folly)

Journal Entry 10 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, August 27, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/28/2015 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Wishlist book for Rochester74.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, September 02, 2015

The book arrived last weekend. Now I just noticed all the nice stickers travelling with the book. Thank you very much :-)

Journal Entry 12 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I read it and I liked it :-)
I was a bit afraid that I wouldn't understand enough of this special vocabulay, but it worked quite well. And than I have to admit, that I am pretty sure I didn't understand all the twists when I read the other books in german ;-)
I did not expect that I wouldn't miss Lesley, but I did miss London a bit.

Journal Entry 13 by wingRochester74wing at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 22-24 April 2016 in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, April 22, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/22/2016 UTC) at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 22-24 April 2016 in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

Unfortunately you won't be at the convention ApolonaiX. But at least one of your books will be :-)

Journal Entry 14 by TIFFANY1972 at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, April 22, 2016

Caught it from the BC Convention 2016 in Athens (Yay!!!).
I'm planning to release it soon...

Hello, I'm a travelling book!!!
I've been to many places and now I am visiting the

BookCrossing Anniversary Convention in Athens.

logosite-t

Take me with you, read me and then please release me again, so that I can make new friends and continue my journey.

Journal Entry 15 by TIFFANY1972 at Instituto Cervantes Atenas in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (5/17/2016 UTC) at Instituto Cervantes Atenas in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

ΓΙΑ ΤΟΝ ΕΠΟΜΕΝΟ ΑΝΑΓΝΩΣΤΗ ~~~~~
Καλωσήρθες στο BookCrossing!

Γράψε αν θες ένα μικρό σχόλιο για το πού και πώς βρήκες το βιβλίο. Δεν χρειάζεται να γραφτείς στο site για να γράψεις σχόλιο παρακάτω - μπορείς να παραμείνεις ανώνυμος!
Διάβασε το βιβλίο, αν θέλεις, και μετά βοήθησέ το να συνεχίσει το ταξίδι του αφήνοντάς το κάπου (σε ένα παγκάκι, σε έναν τηλεφωνικό θάλαμο, στο προαύλιο του σχολείου, στο τραπεζάκι μιας καφετέριας, κλπ.) για να το βρει κάποιος άλλος, όπως το βρήκες κι εσύ. Μπορείς ακόμη να το χαρίσεις σε κάποιον φίλο σου!
Μπορείς να συναντήσεις άλλους Έλληνες BookCrossers στο Ελληνικό Φόρουμ του site για να σου εξηγήσουν ό,τι χρειάζεσαι να ξέρεις.
Επίσης μπορείς να ρίξεις μια ματιά στον Ταξιδιωτικό Οδηγό BookCrossing και στο Ελληνικό Bookcrossing wiki που θα σου λύσουν κάποιες απορίες για τη λειτουργία του site.

Για να αφήσεις σχόλιο ή να πεις απλά μόνο ότι βρήκες το βιβλίο, γράψε στο πεδίο επάνω που ζητά "Enter...BCID" τον κωδικό αριθμό που βρίσκεται στην ετικέτα μέσα στο βιβλίο, και πάτα "Go!"
Ευχαριστώ, και καλή ανάγνωση!

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory.
Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.
Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre, pass it along to someone else or wild release it. In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on its journey.
I look forward to hearing what you thought of the book when you've read it, and to seeing what happens to it next!

Le bookcrossing (litt. "Livres qui se croisent", carrefour du livre) consiste à libérer des livres dans la nature dans l'espoir que d'autres gens les capturent, les trouvent, les lisent puis à leur tour les relâchent plus loin. Les bookcrossers aiment bien que la personne qui attrape un de leurs livres annonce cette "prise" sur le site, à l'aide d'une note appelée journal entry: ça fait toujours plaisir d'avoir des nouvelles des livres qu'on libère :) Si vous êtes novice, ne vous découragez pas, seuls 10% des livres qu'on libère sont signalés "capturés" par les personnes qui les ont ramassés !

Journal Entry 16 by Lubiette at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, May 27, 2016

I fetched this book from the Bookcrossing table at the Instituto Cervantes, having the feeling that it could be a good one. I am happy to read in the previous comments that everybody enjoyed it. My turn now :)

Journal Entry 17 by Lubiette at Kallithea, Attica Greece on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I really had a terrific time reading this novel.
Now looking for the other books of the series...

Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea

Journal Entry 18 by Lubiette at Λόφος Λυκαβυτού in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Sunday, July 31, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/31/2016 UTC) at Λόφος Λυκαβυτού in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

Released at sunset on Lykavitos hill for the SSMs