September (pc)

by Rosamunde Pilcher | Romance |
Registered by tho on 1/10/2004
Journal Entry 1 by tho on Saturday, January 10, 2004
Rosamunde Pilcher is one of those authors that you can count on for reading on a rainy day with a cup of tea :-)
One of my favourite novels is this one, along with "Winter Solstice". Not quite as good as Maeve Binchy's stories, but still very touching and heart warming.

From the back cover:
As summer comes to Scotland and the countryside turns a sweet and verdant green, a dance is planned for September. The invitations summon home the group of people Violet Aird has cared for most throughout her long life (...)

Journal Entry 2 by Elsita from Almada, Setúbal Portugal on Sunday, January 11, 2004
Dear tho knew about my recent obssession on Rosamunde Pilcher and loaned me this book!
That happenned at a spectacular dinner-party of "The Bookaholics Live Society". The macrobiotic food was delicious (oh! that cheesecake!)!

Journal Entry 3 by Elsita from Almada, Setúbal Portugal on Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Finally, I´ve finished! I was transported to Scotland´s beautiful landscapes. :-)
The story is very interesting, not only for its descriptions but also for already known caracthers , from the romance The Shell Seekers.
Thanks, tho!!

Journal Entry 4 by tho on Thursday, October 19, 2006
De volta comigo já há algum tempo ...