Still Missing

by Chevy Stevens | Audiobooks |
Registered by indygo88 of Lafayette, Indiana USA on 3/8/2014
Journal Entry 1 by indygo88 from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Saturday, March 08, 2014
"On the day she was abducted, Annie O'Sullivan, a thirty-two-year-old Realtor, had three goals: sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever-patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as she's about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all. Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent captive in a remote mountain cabin - which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist - is a second narrative recounting the nightmare that follows her escape: her struggle to piece her shattered life back together, the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor, and the disturbing sense that things are far from over. The truth doesn't always set you free. Still Missing is a shocking, visceral, brutal, and beautifully crafted debut novel about surviving the unsurvivable - and living to bear witness."

Received via PaperBack Swap. (Unabridged on 8 CD's; read by Angela Dawe)

Journal Entry 2 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Saturday, November 08, 2014
A quick synopsis: Annie is abducted & imprisoned in a secluded mountain cabin. She eventually breaks free and then basically must come to terms with the after-effects. Alternating between Annie's conversations with her therapist post-trauma and her re-telling of her tale, the reader eventually pieces together the entirety of her story.

It was initially hard for me to like the main character of Annie O'Sullivan, given her rather whiny and "pity me" attitude throughout this novel, but the story grew on me and ultimately turned into a page-turner. I enjoyed the plot and thought it was pulled together well. I probably would've rated this higher had Annie's characterization not rubbed me the wrong way.

Journal Entry 3 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, February 13, 2015
Reserved for booklady331's virtual audio bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Wednesday, March 04, 2015
Shipping off to imawinn2....! Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 5 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, March 26, 2015
Still Missing showed up. Looks like a good listen. Thanks for sending this my way.

Journal Entry 6 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, February 05, 2017
This audiobook had me on the edge of my car seat. The car is where I do a lot of my listening. It was difficult (emotionally), at times, to listen to Annie's horrible experience but it didn't stop me from wanting to find out what was going to happen and how she was going to escape. The book kept me riveted right through to the end. Excellent suspense story! I have a couple of audiobook boxes coming my way, so this should catch a ride in one of them, soon. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 7 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (3/21/2017 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

I am sending this audiobook to booklady331. Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Thank you for sharing this with me. It arrived today.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, April 02, 2017
Lending to a friend for her and her husband to listen to before I do.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 07, 2017
back from my friend. It now goes onto my to listen to pile.

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, August 10, 2017
The story is about a female realtor waiting for the random person to show up at an open house in an isolated development. In this story, 32 year-old Annie Sullivan is showing the house to a nice personality of a man late one afternoon; within minutes she is lying face down in the back of a van wondering where she is headed and what her fate will be. Annie ends up being held captive for almost a year.

After her escape her story is told in two threads: her imprisonment and her sessions with a psychiatrist a year later. The author captures her ordeal in a lock-tight mountain cabin with her desperation, fears, abuse, bizarre control, and her ability to cope and adapt. The author’s depiction of how such an ordeal lingers was very well told. The ending will be a surprise to a lot of readers.
This is the author’s first book and it makes me want to read her other books.

Journal Entry 12 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/20/2018 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM RABCK to LittleWhiteBird for e-less Release Challenge 2018

Journal Entry 13 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Thursday, November 29, 2018
The audio book arrived today. Thanks!