Bridget Jones's Diary

by Helen Fielding | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by weebly of Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 1/9/2004
Journal Entry 1 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 09, 2004
Saw this in the charity shop and couldn't reist getting my own copy despite being on a ring for the book!

1/9/04 - Update as I just read my other copy of this. Thought I would copy my review to here too.

Well, it was a good quick read - 2 days - it seems that always means it is a good book for me as mount toobie red is sooooo big it is nice to see it visibly reduce! I found the weight counts, calorie counts and other counts a little distracting - but I suppose it adds to the charm. I think Helen Fielding just has a Colin Firth fixation with the number of times characters he has played like Mr Darcy, and even a mention of Fever pitch, you just know why he starred in the film!

It makes we want to go and et the film out to watch again. There are a few glaring diferences, additional scenes in the film not in here, and slight changes to suit the big screen, but I suppose that is inevitable. This is chick lit at it's best and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 2 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 08, 2004
I seem to keep seeing and buying this book cheap in the charity shops! This copy is now offered on Bookrelay.com

Journal Entry 3 by weebly at RABCK in RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 16, 2004
Released on Friday, July 16, 2004 at RABCK in n/a, RABCK Controlled Releases.

Accepted by jewelee from the Book Relay site and was requested to send it to skribble. Enjoy !

Journal Entry 4 by skribble from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Gosh what a nice surprise - thanks Jewelee & Weebly!

I've read this before in fact I have vivid memories of when I read it. It was 1997, I'd just left uni, dumped my boyfriend and landed my first proper job in London staying on my cousins floor. She had this book and suggested I read it as she thought it might prepare me for the life of a single-working-girl in London!

It's definitely about time for a reread :-)

Journal Entry 5 by skribble from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 28, 2004
I really enjoyed reading this again - I only wish I could have re-imagined Bridget as I did first time round without seeing her as Rene Zellwiger.

I once read that whenever you re-read a book you also revisit a time and a place in your own life as you remember all your original responses to it even as you are making new ones and this is very true for me with this book. I will always have a strong affection for it as it has such a strong correlation with a place and a time in my own life. It's quite poignant in a way as I get married in 3 weeks, so am about to embark on a very new phase!

I never did read the sequel, I think I'll keep an eye out for it now.

Released 14 yrs ago (1/27/2005 UTC) at Phone booth near Clapham North tube in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

I've had a couple of catches from this release spot, so here's hoping this continues the trend!