The Dog of the Marriage: The Collected Short Stories

by Amy Hempel | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by annadvarna on 3/1/2014
Journal Entry 1 by annadvarna on Saturday, March 01, 2014
A quietly powerful presence in American fiction in during the past two decades, these collected stories show the true scale of Hempel's achievement. Her compact fictions, populated by smart neurotic somewhat damaged narrators, speak grandly to the longings and insecurities in all of us, and in a voice that is bracingly direct and sneakily profound. These are stories about people who make choices that seem inevitable, whose longings and misgivings evoke eternal human experience. With her trademark compassion and wit, Hempel takes readers into the marriages, minor disasters and moments of revelation in an uneasy America.

Released 5 yrs ago (6/24/2015 UTC) at CE - Philippe Le Bon 3 in Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium

Welcome to the Bookcrossing world! You can find all the information you need about this social activity that promotes reading and talking about in this site! Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more info! We have also have a group here in Brussels which meets once every two months - join us for more book-fun!