Strata

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 2/19/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Blurb:
The Company builds planets. Kin Arad is a high-ranking official of the Company. After twenty-one decades of living, and with the help of memory surgery, she is at the top of her profession. Discovering two of her employees have placed a fossilized plesiosaur in the wrong stratum, not to mention the fact it is holding a placard which reads 'End Nuclear Testing Now', doesn't dismay the woman who built a mountain range in the shape of her initials during her own high-spirited youth. But then came a discovery of something which did intrigue Kin Arad. A flat earth was something new...
First published in 1981, Strata is an early exploration of the idea that was to become the best-selling Discworld series.

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Monday, March 10, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (3/11/2014 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Birthday wishlist surprise.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Yay Bookcrossing Birthday presents! I always love opening yours because I never know whats going to be in the box where as I always kinda pick what else I'm getting from family and friends. No fake bugs this year :P

A big thank you. Not one but 5 wishlist books! :) And all the cool stuff that came with it (see photo) I especailly love the money napkins and that you got my cat a toy. :) That was very thoughtful.

I've got loads of Pratchett books on my tbr now :) Another one recommened by Sci-fi now magazine when they were doing a feature on Terry Pratchett.

Journal Entry 4 by redfox5 at Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, January 25, 2018
I thought I would love Terry Pratchett and because of this, I acquired a lot of his books. Turns out, I don't really like Terry Pratchett that much. I read enough of his books now to say I find his books fairly average and slightly dull.

This book reminded me of Larry Niven's Ringworld, except the world is flat and not a ring, obviously. It had a mix of human and alien characters trotting around this unknown world, wondering how and why it was made. To be fair, this was better than Ringworld, but not by much. And sometimes, I didn't really know what was going on.

This was one of those books I forced myself through. I've still got a few more Pratchett's on my tbr pile but after them, I'm done.

Journal Entry 5 by redfox5 at Basingstoke Train Station in Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 15, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (10/15/2018 UTC) at Basingstoke Train Station in Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom

Left in the Book Exchange Box.

Journal Entry 6 by pinkoeria at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 16, 2018
A rare Pratchett I have not read yet! I'll read it soon and will release it once I am done.