Faceless Killers

International Convention
by Henning Mankell | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingEdwardstreetwing of Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on 8/17/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingEdwardstreetwing from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, August 17, 2014
Thank you for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry here to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that Edwardstreet referred you. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it "in the wild" again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), and spam-free.
Wellington Bookcrossers get together often. Contact Edward Street for details. We would love you to join us.

Released 3 yrs ago (7/24/2018 UTC) at —- by hand, post, or courier in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Being posted for the Australasian Wishlist Tag Game. Mankell is a great writer and Wallander is such a flawed Detective who just can't sort his personal life and drinking out.

Journal Entry 3 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, August 2, 2018
Thank you for tagging me. Adding to Mt TBR.

Journal Entry 4 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, February 8, 2021
One frozen January morning at 5am, Inspector Wallander responds to what he believes is a routine call out. When he reaches the isolated farmhouse he discovers a bloodbath.

An old man has been tortured and beaten to death, his wife lies barely alive beside his shattered body, both victims of a violence beyond reason. The woman supplies Wallander with his only clue: the perpetrators may have been foreign. When this is leaked to the press, it unleashes a tide of racism.

Wallander's life is a shambles. His wife has left him, his daughter refuses to speak to him, and even his ageing father barely tolerates him. He works tirelessly, eats badly, and drinks his nights away. But now Wallander must forget his troubles and throw himself into a battle against time and against mounting racial hatred.

Journal Entry 5 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, March 5, 2021

Released 7 mos ago (3/5/2021 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

Travelling companion.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmattandmandy75wing at Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Arrived as a travelling companion, thank you!

Released 6 mos ago (4/1/2021 UTC) at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingmarmee463wing at Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Thursday, April 1, 2021
Caught today.

Journal Entry 9 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Monday, April 12, 2021
First published in 1991 Mankell introduced us to Wallander and readers set out on, what would turn out to be, a long journey with this complicated and darkly charismatic character.
Well told and with a close eye for detail, Faceless Killers deals with racism, national identity, immigration policy and individual rights, issues that are still front and centre some30 years on.
Highly recommended.

Released 3 mos ago (7/1/2021 UTC) at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.

Journal Entry 11 by AnonymousFriend at Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Friday, July 2, 2021
I had forgotten I read this only a couple of years ago, but then the cover is different. I have watched the TV series and enjoy Wallander.

Journal Entry 12 by AnonymousFriend at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 25, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/25/2021 UTC) at Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Release #251 for 2021...

Journal Entry 13 by Cudgee at Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 25, 2021
Thank you. I look forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 14 by Cudgee at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Monday, October 4, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (10/4/2021 UTC) at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia

Release #206 ..

Journal Entry 15 by eris-in-oz at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Monday, October 4, 2021
Not my usual genre, however, this book has travelled, so I'll see what it's like.