Thinking Out Loud: On the Personal, the Political, the Public, and the Private

by Anna Quindlen | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 2/16/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, February 16, 2014
from the TLC book sale.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2014
I received this wishlist book as a RABCK from my BookCrossing friend, NancyNova. Thank you so much, Nancy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 04, 2017
I really enjoy Anna Quindlen and her writing, particularly her non-fiction. She thinks deeply and has an excellent way with words. I read this book over a long period of time, dipping in and out. It's a collection of her op-ed columns from the New York Times, so it was easy to read a few columns at a time and then set the book aside again for a while.

I did enjoy the material here, but it was less relevant than it might have been simply because of the age of the columns, which were written in the early 1990s. So Quindlen was writing about issues of public interest and current events from, oh, 25 years ago or so. Due to that, it was a bit harder to connect with the subject matter.

But I'm really glad that I read the book and I did enjoy it. I just had to reach back into my memory bank and try to remember the details of some of the situations she was describing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Little Free Library in Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, June 09, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/9/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library in Horsham, Pennsylvania USA

I hope the finder enjoys the book!