An Otter on the Aga: And Other True Tales from an Animal Sanctuary

by Rex Harper | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Zoooz on 2/9/2014
Journal Entry 1 by Zoooz on Sunday, February 09, 2014
Picked up from Yatton telephone box library

Journal Entry 2 by Zoooz at Yatton, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, September 26, 2020
A lovely read about the start of a little animal rescue in Cornwall and how it eventually became the first RSPCA in Cornwall. The first book in the series with lots of anecdotes of finding animals and rehoming animals.

Will release soon

Journal Entry 3 by Zoooz at Secret Santa Exchange, Secret Santa Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 27, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (11/27/2020 UTC) at Secret Santa Exchange, Secret Santa Exchange -- Controlled Releases

Happy Christmas to my secret Santa ��

Congratulations you have found a Book Crossing book. Use the unique BCID code to find out where I have travelled from and what fellow readers have thought. You can then read, review and release. Becoming a member of Book Crossing is free and a lot of fun. If you’re unsure you can log as An Anonymous Finder.

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 26, 2020
Thank you Zoooz, and Merry Christmas!

Journal Entry 5 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 23, 2021
This was a nice gentle read, filled with anecdotes about animals. I think Odin the mischievous blackbird was my favourite. I also admired Rose, the choosey sheepdog who pretended not to know anything about herding sheep until she was with an owner she liked. But some of the other stories - especially those involving oil-covered seabirds - were sad.

I confess I'm not naturally an animal lover and this wasn't a book I would've normally picked up, but I enjoyed it more than expected. One of the beauties of Bookcrossing is how it provides opportunities to read a wide range of styles and genres. Variety is the spice of life so they say!

Journal Entry 6 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 09, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/9/2021 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Sent as a rabck to Poodlesister

Journal Entry 7 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 12, 2021
This looks like a nice lockdown read. Thanks for the two wishlist books and the postcard. Much appreciated.