Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries)

by Joanne Fluke | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0758201532 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 1/25/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 25, 2014
Bought this at a library used book bag sale.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2014 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

Taking this to a BCinDC meetup for the wrap-it-up party.

To whoever gets this book: please feel free to wild release or controlled release it if it's not your type of book. I chose it for the game simply for its first line.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 26, 2014
Between the wrapped books and the ones on the table at the meet-up, I managed to come home with more than a dozen books. What was I thinking?! Still, this one looked interesting and I will add it to Mt TBR. I recognized the name of the character in the first line, because I had recently read another book in this series, which was decent, so I was willing to give this one a try.

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, February 11, 2014
The books I have read in this series are rather enjoyable and I like the characters for the most part (Hannah really needs to pick a guy, though -- but in her defense, they aren't helping much!) The recipes sound good (well, the food sounds good -- I wouldn't actually cook or bake, so the recipes are not aimed at me) and the plots are well-crafted. There were a lot of good clues for the reader in terms of both the murder mystery and the mystery ingredient quest. I do think Hannah went a bit too far in terms of stupidity at the end == quitting when you are ahead is always wise.

This is going into the Food-themed Book Box.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Released 10 yrs ago (2/18/2014 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

"A book is a mysterious object, I said, and once it floats out into the world, anything can happen. All kinds of mischief can be caused, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. For better or worse, it's completely out of your control." -- Paul Auster

This book is in the Foood Themed Book Box (rebuilt) now on its way to Azuki in Florida.

Journal Entry 6 by BooksandMusic at Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, April 18, 2014
Chose this from the Food Book Box.

Journal Entry 7 by BooksandMusic at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, July 7, 2019
It has recipes in it, recipes that I can't eat as I am not to have sugar. They are always baking and eating in this book but everyone seems well. No one is sick with diabetes, obesity and congestive heart failure. The only one whose diet is restricted is Moishe the cat, he is supposed to be eating senior food and taking vitamins. He hates it and protests mightily. I hear you Moishe.
So someone gets murdered in this book, obviously. Hannah, our small town's baker and amateur sleuth, is soon chasing leads. Hannah is a hero, yay! But I don't much care, I'm still thinking about cupcakes with delicious frosting.

Journal Entry 8 by BooksandMusic at Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, August 3, 2019
Reserved for the ABC VBB

Journal Entry 9 by BooksandMusic at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, August 15, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (8/15/2019 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Mailed in the Already Been Crossed Book Box

Journal Entry 10 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 22, 2019
taking from the bookbox and shelving with the ABC TBRs. Thanks!

Journal Entry 11 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, July 6, 2023
#8 in the series, so when the heroine finds the Sheriff dead in the dumpster. she just carries on and solves the mystery. The "cereal murderer" for halloween (box of cornflakes + a kitchen knife) was a cute touch.

Released 2 mos ago (12/9/2023 UTC) at -- Wild-Released Somewhere In Salt Lake City in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy!
Thanks and happy reading!