High Bloods

by John Farris | Horror |
Registered by book_drunkard of Osgood, Indiana USA on 1/23/2014
Journal Entry 1 by book_drunkard from Osgood, Indiana USA on Thursday, January 23, 2014
From back cover:

It happened quickly. Overnight, the greater Los Angeles area found itself in the horrifying grasp of a werewolf epidemic. Twenty eight days of the month they are no different than you or me--the High Bloods, who managed to go unaffected. But every full moon, they are the most ravenous creatures man has ever seen.

A new law-enforcement agency has been created to keep tabs on the those whose blood runs Lycan. Rawson is an agent for Lycan Control, and his job is to make sure all the afflicted are found, monitored, and kept at bay the night they change. But the Lycans in Hollywood have risen to cult-like proportions, and Rawson's job is getting tougher.

One night, a woman changes right in front of Rawson. And it's not a full moon. Someone deep in the annals of Hollywood has managed to trip the logic of the werewolves' being. Battling a rising tide of Lycan rights activists and a growing population of those who are choosing to be Lycan over High Blood, Rawson must carve a path to the top of the Lycan chain before all hell breaks loose.

Journal Entry 2 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Wednesday, March 19, 2014
For the most part this book was a bore and a snore, plodding slowly along.
One of those books where, the entire time I'm reading it, I just kept thinking,
Get On With It Man.
This would have worked very well as a short story, but at 299 pages it just drags on and on and on.

Journal Entry 3 by book_drunkard at emmejo's Otherworldly Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (4/16/2014 UTC) at emmejo's Otherworldly Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sent off in the Otherworldly Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by BooksnBeer at Annandale, Virginia USA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Selected this from the OtherWorldly book box - I'll give it a try.

Journal Entry 5 by BooksnBeer at Annandale, Virginia USA on Wednesday, February 04, 2015
Excellent - fast paced, exciting read. I love the old school hard-boiled detective working in a modern strange world. This will be going out to another bookie. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 6 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Adding to emmejo's Vampire bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by Shann24lvr at St. Clair, Missouri USA on Friday, July 03, 2015
Taking from emmejo's vampire bookbox. While not a vampire book persay, it does cover a genre I enjoy reading. I also see two different critiques of the book so that always interest me.