One For The Money

by Janet Evanovich | Audiobooks |
Registered by josierivers of Leesville, South Carolina USA on 7/4/2014
Journal Entry 1 by josierivers from Leesville, South Carolina USA on Friday, July 4, 2014
You've lost your job as a department store lingerie buyer, your car's been repossessed, and most of your furniture and small appliances have been sold off to pay last month's rent. Now the rent is due again. And you live in New Jersey. What do you do?

If you're Stephanie Plum, you become a bounty hunter. But not just a nickel-and-dime bounty hunter; you go after the big money. That means a cop gone bad. And not just any cop. She goes after Joe Morelli, a disgraced former vice cop who is also the man who took Stephanie's virginity at age 16 and then wrote details on a bathroom wall. With pride and rent money on the line, Plum plunges headlong into her first case, one that pits her against ruthless adversaries - people who'd rather kill than lose.

Journal Entry 2 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Friday, July 25, 2014
Thank you so much for sending this my way.
I'm looking forward to listening to it soon.

April 2018 - Edited to add: Hubby and I listened to this a month or so ago and we both liked it much more than the movie they made based on this book.

Released 6 yrs ago (4/7/2018 UTC) at By mail / post / courier, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Thanks for trading with me!

Journal Entry 4 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, April 22, 2018
I received this audio CD as part of a trade with book_drunkard. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Monday, April 22, 2019
If you are in the mood for a silly, funny mystery then this is the series for you. I've "ear-read" several of Janet Evanovich's books featuring bounty hunter Stephanie Plum and have a laugh every time I get immersed into one of her crazy adventures. This is the first in a long series. One For The Money, of course, is hilarious and introduces us to Stephanie's new profession and the entertaining cast of characters, such as Joe Morelli, Vincent "Vinnie" Plum, Ranger, Lula and my favorite... Grandma Mazur.

Journal Entry 6 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, April 29, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (4/29/2023 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

I am putting this book into the "restart" of HI77's Audiobook box. I always enjoy the Stephanie Plum mysteries on audiobook. I hope another listener will enjoy this classic. Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 7 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, July 14, 2023
Taking this out of the audiobook box to enjoy. Thank you!

I've had a lot of friends who read this series, but I've never picked it up. Looking forward to "meeting" Stephanie Plum finally.

Journal Entry 8 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024
Hmm. Stephanie Plum did not do it for me. I didn't enjoy this book and will not be reading any others in the long, beloved series.

I did accidentally drop my keys into a dumpster and have to fish them out a few weeks ago, which made me feel a bit more sympathetic toward Stephanie. But, largely, she frustrated me over and over again.

Journal Entry 9 by wingKateKintailwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/16/2024 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Bringing this to a BCinDC meeting so it can find a new reader. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Tuesday, June 18, 2024
KateKintail brought quite a few audiobooks to the meet-up but there weren't really any takers. I agreed with her that ones that have been in circulation for a while should go to a Bookcrosser first if at all possible. I offered to try to find a new home for all of the ones she had. My first attempt at this has not been successful. On to attempt number two.