Town That Drowned, The

by Riel Nason | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 1/19/2014
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Found this while looking for books set in Canada; it sounds interesting..

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, January 27, 2014
Based around a real event that took place in New Brunswick in the 1960s: the construction of the Mactaquac Dam.

Today Ruby Carlson's little brother Percy might be classified as somewhere in the autism spectrum, but in Haventon in 1965, most folks would call him eccentric. The other kids think he's weird, and when Ruby falls through the ice and has a strange hallucination of the town underwater, they decide she's just as strange.

Weird is a disease, and once you have it, you have it. I'm fourteen years old and infected for good. There's no miracle cure. There's no special prescription. I am quarantined all alone on the Island of the Odd. It's a chronic condition. A lifelong affliction.

Then suddenly it seems that Ruby's vision is coming true: the town is going to be destroyed to make way for a huge new dam. What will happen to the people and places that Ruby has known all her life?

I'm counting this as book 12/13 for my 2013-14 Canadian reading challenge. It will either go out in a teen bookbox or be saved for the Canadian release challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, March 21, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/21/2014 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

A bit of Canadian flavo(u)r for JennyC1230's Shrinking Teens Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 15, 2014
This book returned in the Teens Shrinking Bookbox.
My daughter, RCOUFAN and I will look through and read/release or pass on the books in some way. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA on Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/14/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library ##5161 in Acworth, Georgia. Enjoy the book!