The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day: It's Wizards Vs Priests in a Battle for the Future of Roundworld

Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 1/19/2014
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, January 19, 2014
I was really disappointed by this book, having enjoyed the previous Science of Discworld books so much. I got the impression that it was written because the publisher knew it would sell well, rather than that any of the authors had anything new to say. The Discworld parts are pretty boring (and maybe it's just me, but several of the characters seemed to be acting out of character at times?), and the science bits were badly edited, either repeating points already made, or with huge holes in the logic - I kept having the feeling that what I was reading had either been cut down from a much longer text, and crucial bits had been lost in the process, or that Stewart and Cohen hadn't so much collaborated as just written independently without ever referring to what the other was writing.

^ ^