Loose Threads: Stories to Keep Quilters in Stitches

by Helen Kelley | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0760332037 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 1/17/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, January 17, 2014
The pattern was simply

a bunch of hearts,
that floated up from threads.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, January 17, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (1/17/2014 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This book had grown wings and flown off to become part of the Tag Game! :)

I just love granting old wishlist books that have been languishing on lists too long! I hope you like it! :D

Journal Entry 3 by Vekiki at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Ohhh this arrived this morning, and I think I'll have to put my current read on hiatus to dig right into it :D
Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by Vekiki at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (2/8/2014 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

Popped in the post with some fabric as a rabck :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 10, 2014
Arrived safely today with some lovely fabric samples. Thanks very much Vekiki, I'm now planning on working patchwork into my bookcovers, I'll let you know how I go on! :o)

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at by Post, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 01, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (6/1/2017 UTC) at by Post, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This has got it's hat & coat on....well, a fabric jacket anyhow...& has set off to surprise someone :o)

(Cover with red flower....can't get photo right way round!)

Journal Entry 7 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Monday, June 12, 2017
OH.MY.GOSH!!! : D This FABulous book arrived a day or two ago (I think maybe Friday 6/9, but I didn't have a chance to go through mail from last week until Sunday 6/11) in a package filled with surprises that brought tears to my eyes. I won't list everything here, but there isn't one thing I don't LOVE, very much appreciate, and won't be able to use. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! : D How have I not heard of this author and all of the books she's written, when I have been sewing since I was five?!?!? And how have I not known that there was a "By post, Surprise Rabck -- Controlled Releases" BC release category available?!?!? YOU, are aMAZing, Plum-crazy!!! : D And how uncanny that just a few days ago I added a paragraph to my Profile Page mentioning some things I enjoy that included some of the very items you sent, like "Bookworm" related items!!! LOVE the fabric jacket you made...the colors couldn't be more perfect for me. It's like you've been reading my mind!!! ; D I forsook my most current read for this book the minute it arrived, after promising myself I wouldn't start another book until I finished the ones I already had started. In your note you mentioned a problem you were having with your "mini" sewing machine...I have some easy solutions for you!!! AND...I can help you get acquainted with the full sized one you inherited, and send you some fabric and ribbon scraps, as well!!! ; ) I will be in touch with you via PM in the next week or so. I know you have a busy schedule coming up, but I wanted to let you know this had arrived safely. Again, thank you so very much for this wonderful surprise, my BC Friend!!! ; ) You really brightened my day and lifted my spirits after my very trying hectic week last week. ; )

Journal Entry 8 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Friday, May 25, 2018
Not certain why this silly thing is asking me where I caught this book now, when I caught it last year when I made my first JE, and I'm just trying to make a New Journal Entry for now...but coming up on the one year anniversary of having received this special little book in a RABCK from Plum-Crazy, I can truly say, it has been a JOY to read and reread the uplifting little stories it holds. Much to my dismay, in rereading the JE I did made at that time, I must admit that I cannot recall sending the fabric scraps and ribbon I had gathered together, nor providing the links I had intended to for sewing machine tips. I imagine they are with the vast majority of my books and Bookcrossing things that had to be boxed up and put back into storage again for a time...I've not yet been able to retrieve them. At any rate, I will put that on my list of things to look into, and offer my sincere apologies to Plum-Crazy. Life continues to be a challenge on a good day for me, but I am determined to get through this lengthy rough patch. ; ) In the meantime, I am participating in Round 8 of booklady331's Virtural Non Fiction Bookbox http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/518393 and have decided to offer this inspirational little read up for someone else who may want to enjoy it, and to...Keep It Moving!!! : D THANK YOU again for your kindness, Plum-Crazy. ; )

Journal Entry 9 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Wednesday, September 12, 2018
labmomnm in New Mexico has requested this book from my offerings in Booklady331's VBB. I'll be mailing it off in a day or two. With mixed emotions I'll be mailing it off in a day or two. It's such a great resource for a quick uplifting story to brighten one's spirit, but too good a read...in MY humble opinion...not to share with others...ENJOY!!! ; )

Journal Entry 10 by winglabmomnmwing at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Thursday, September 27, 2018
Thank-you for sharing this! I will send it back when I'm done - I think BOOKWORMINUSALL may miss this too much for it to be away for a long time :-)

Journal Entry 11 by winglabmomnmwing at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, August 16, 2020
This was not at all what I expected, but I enjoyed it. The "Punch Drunk" piece really hit home - why do I never think to change needles? I have several packets of hand-sewing needles, some I've bought & some from my grandmother's stash; I see them & wonder who would ever need so many needles? If you lost or broke that many, maybe it would be safer to do something else? Because I NEVER completely retire needles...I think the strawberry will fix them. I have a clear plastic case of saved needles, too....why?!?! This did inspire me to safely dispose of some needles that should have been discarded ages ago.

Offered in the Non-Fiction Virtual Book Box; mailed 210324

Journal Entry 12 by winglabmomnmwing at Virtual Book Box, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 25, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/24/2021 UTC) at Virtual Book Box, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

In the mail!

Journal Entry 13 by wingReadertoowing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Monday, April 05, 2021
I'm looking forward to reading this book from the Non-Fiction Virtual Book Box. Thank you for sharing it with me labmomnm!