Paint the Wind

by Pam Munoz Ryan | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 1/16/2014
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 16, 2014
Book Description: Maya lives like a captive. At Grandmother's house in California, everything is forbidden: friends, fun, even memories. And her life is built on lies: lies Grandmother tells her about her dead mother, lies Maya tells to impress or manipulate. But then she moves to the vast Wyoming wilderness where her mother's family awaits - kind, rugged people who have no tolerance for lies. They challenge Maya to confront the truth about who she is. And a mysterious mustang called Artemisia waits, too. She holds the key to Maya's freedom. But to find it, Maya will have to risk everything, including her life.

My great bookcrossing friend Flossie771 gave me a box of unregistered books. This is one of them.

Journal Entry 2 by RCOUFan at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, May 19, 2014
Adding to YA/Teen Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, July 20, 2014
Sent this book to Hyphen8 from the Teens VBB (US only). This VBB is open to new participants if you want to join send me a PM.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, July 24, 2014
This book has a lovely cover...and every so often I'm up for a good horse story. I'll add this one to my TBR stack with thanks.

Received as part of JennyC1230's VBB.

Note: released this and then ended up borrowing the e-book from the library and reading it anyway.

Maya lives with her strict grandmother in California. When her grandmother dies suddenly, Maya finds herself sent to live with her mother's relatives in Wyoming.

Counting this as my 2016 Wyoming read for NancyNova's 2015-2016 50 States reading challenge.
2016 states read (2/51): CA WY

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Zippy's Makiki in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, January 3, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (1/3/2016 UTC) at Zippy's Makiki in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Left inside on the toy dispenser; wild released for AlterEgoZoe's Leap into the Wild Challenge and pam99's A-Z Authors (release) challenge. Also counting this as a Wyoming read for NancyNova's 2015-16 States Challenge.

(Larger photo here - after following link, click on image to zoom.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books...or a little like geocaching - you can follow the book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!