corner corner The Preservationist

The Preservationist
by David Maine | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by imawinn2 of Neenah, Wisconsin USA on 1/5/2014

status (set by BOOKWORMINUSALL): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, January 05, 2014

This is a fictional tale of Noah's Ark. David Maine takes this classic tale from the Bible and humanizes it by allowing the characters to give their perspective of the events as they unfold. From Noah's conversation with God, to explaining to his wife and children what was asked of him, to the building of such a ship and the seemingly impossible job of collecting an assortment of animals. Noah's wife, sons and daughter-in-laws give their account of what it is like to live with a man "touched by God", not to mention the wonderful experience of living in close quarters of an ark, feeding and caring for all of God's creatures... and the smells! It was a surprisingly fun "ear-listening" experience that was laced with humor.

This is an Unabridged edition that contains 6 CDs.

Journal Entry 2 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/19/2014 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

I'm putting this into BigJohnLefty's Another CD-Only Audiobook Box. Happy Travels! Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 3 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Monday, December 28, 2015

Arrived in Arizona (USA) on Friday, December 18th to spend Christmas. LOVE it here in the Sonoran Desert, so I'm planning to stay on and call this “home” for a time. Holiday Blessings to all, and best wishes for a Bright and Shiny New Year!

Journal Entry 4 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, June 19, 2016

Reserved for my...RIP BigJohnLefty Memorium CD AudioBookring (US Only Please)
Here is the link... http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/531440

*****CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST*****

My first ever AudioBookBox participation was in BigJohnsLefty's last one. I posted all of his titles in his journal for him, and in the thread, as well. I laughed so hard because I never dreamed the box he sent would be SO HUGE, and have SO MANY selections. I must have used an entire roll of tape to secure the battered box before sending it on it's way to the next person. I chose five titles, and have already released two of them. Three remain, and I'd like to keep them together, and offer them as a Bookring in his memory for those who are interested. I will be including a little journal for you to write a fond memory, if you like...in hopes to be able to send it to his family once it returns to me.

This will be my first ever Bookring, and with just three little titles, it will be inexpensive for all to mail. The titles are listed below. If you are interested in participating, please sign up here, and PM me.

Seabiscuit-Laura Hildenbrand

The Art of Racing In The Rain-Garth Stein

The Preservationist-David Maine

*********

Decided to keep these three titles a bit longer so I have a chance to listen to them before I offer them for RABCK in BigJohnLefty's Memory. ; )

*********

8/31/16...Started listening to this for Katethegreyt's August Readathon 8/26- 9/1 http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/6/533249

From Amazon...

"Noe says, -I must build a boat.
-A boat, she says.
-A ship, more like. I'll need the boys to help, he adds as an afterthought.
-We're leagues from the sea, she says, or any river big enough to warrant a boat.
This conversation is making Noe impatient. -I've no need to explain myself to you.
-And when you're done, she says carefully, we'll be taking this ship to the sea somehow?
As usual, Noe's impatience fades quickly. -We'll not be going to the sea. The sea will be coming to us."

In this brilliant debut novel, Noah's family (or Noe as he's called here)-his wife, sons, and daughters-in-law-tell what it's like to live with a man touched by God, while struggling against events that cannot be controlled or explained. When Noe orders his sons to build an ark, he can't tell them where the wood will come from. When he sends his daughters-in-law out to gather animals, he can offer no directions, money, or protection. And once the rain starts, they all realize that the true test of their faith is just beginning. Because the family is trapped on the ark with thousands of animals-with no experience feeding or caring for them, and no idea of when the waters will recede. What emerges is a family caught in the midst of an extraordinary Biblical event, with all the tension, humanity-even humor-that implies.

Journal Entry 5 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Adding this Audiobook into JulySlump612's New Audiobook VBB (BigJohnLefty's box transformed) https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/545706/9013194

Journal Entry 6 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Saturday, November 04, 2017

Received PM from JudySlump612 letting me know that Moody-Blue has selected this from the New Audiobook VBB. I'll prepare the package this weekend, so I can take it to the Post Office next week and get it sent off to the address included in the PM. ; )

Journal Entry 7 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Lawton, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Released 2 days ago (11/21/2017 10:00 PM UTC) at Lawton, Oklahoma USA

On it's way with it's beautifully illustrated packaging via Priority Mail to Moody-Blue as part of JulySlump612's New Audiobook VBB...ENJOY!!! : D Expected delivery date is Friday, 24 November 2017. Tracking #9505512652517325177167.

HAPPY READING!