Magician (Riftwar Saga)

by Raymond E. Feist | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 1/5/2014
Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 5, 2014
The young orphan boy Pug is happy amongst his friends at Crydee Castle, dreaming of a future as a fighter, but when on the day of choosing apprentices he is left unchosen till the last, he realises his fate will be very different. Excellent fantasy.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Released 8 yrs ago (1/7/2014 UTC) at Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

UK wishlist tag book to jax987654321. Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingjax987654321wing at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 9, 2014
This is on the BBC top 200 (2003) and it looks like a book I will enjoy. It may be a little while before it gets read, however thanks Greenbadger for tagging me with this.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjax987654321wing at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 27, 2015
I read this as it is on the BBC Top 200. It took some time to read as it is so big and it is dense and complex. I really enjoyed it though. I think it is well thought through and structured. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. It is now reserved for a book tag recipient

Journal Entry 5 by wingjax987654321wing at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (6/13/2015 UTC) at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom

sent as a book tag

Journal Entry 6 by kingfan30 at Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 20, 2015
Thanks for the tag and sending the book, big thank you for the labels and I just love the bee pins, they look so much nicer on my notice board than the ones I currently have 😊

6 Feb 19 - This came to be on my shelf thank to the BBC Big Read many moons ago, its been a good way of finding new authors I may never have read before such as this one. Whilst reading I occasionally though it’s a bit like Lord of the Rings but not so heavy going. It also crossed my mind what age group this was for, at times it felt young adult and then some of the scenes made me think older. I did find my mind wondering during some of the battles, but that said it was a page turner that kept my interest across the whole 840 pages, and I would actually be willing to see where it goes in the next in the series.

Journal Entry 7 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 8, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (2/8/2019 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Sending on for another reader to enjoy

Journal Entry 8 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 15, 2019
This wishlist book arrived safely last weekend. Thank you so much for sending it to me. My apologies for being so late journaling it xx

Journal Entry 9 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 28, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/29/2021 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Unfortunately I didn't get around to reading this BBC big read book before I needed to send it off as a birthday group @Christmas RABCK.
I hope you enjoy reading it.

Journal Entry 10 by wingrussbaumwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, December 2, 2021
It's a book I've been looking for for a long time so I am stoked to finally have it on my shelf but 841 pages ! I'll get arm-ache holding it and when my wife looks at her kindle I will pretend there are still no benefits over real books.

But really there aren't. This looks beatiful and there's something really special about a big thick book, just imagining the time that went into writing it.

It will be some time before I read it but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks for sending it to me.