Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3) - Series Bookring

by Jim Butcher | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by BountifulPots on 1/4/2004
Journal Entry 1 by BountifulPots on Sunday, January 4, 2004
This is a fantastic book by a fantastic author, and I had to share it with everyone. This is the third in a series about a wizard in Chicago named Harry Dresden, who is constantly having a bad day. This time, Harry is having to deal with quite an unusual number of ghosts, really violent ghosts. And they seem to be attacking people that all have close ties to him.

Journal Entry 2 by BountifulPots on Thursday, January 15, 2004

RubyBlueLady - United Kingdom
4orty7even - United Kingdom
mysteryfan03 - Missouri
BountifulPots - Kansas

Journal Entry 3 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Tuesday, January 20, 2004
Caught in the mail today along with the other 4 books in the series. Thanks rslicer. I'll be reading these within the next day or so and getting them out to BrynnSC.

This was a wonderful addition to the series. Michael, the Fist of God, was a nice addition to the "gang" and I'm looking forward to seeing how Butcher ties in all of Harry's acquaintances with his work in the next few books. It seems each book gets better and better. I can't wait to read more about Harry Dresden.

Journal Entry 4 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Saturday, January 31, 2004
mailed to BrynnSC Feb 2, 2004 via media mail.

Journal Entry 5 by BrynnSC from Chesapeake Beach, Maryland USA on Saturday, February 21, 2004
Received all 5 of the Dresden Files books in the mail, today. I will PM nmarshall88 and make another entry when I finish the book. Thanks for sharing rslicer!

Journal Entry 6 by BrynnSC from Chesapeake Beach, Maryland USA on Tuesday, March 2, 2004
And the series just gets better. Butcher continues to enthrall us with the addition of new characters and exploring the Nevernever. We learn a little more about Harry's past as it starts to catch up with him. I would have liked to have known a little more about Michael, but he still blended well within the story. Poor Harry. He really got himself in a mess this time. Can't wait to finish the 4th one in the series!

Journal Entry 7 by Penny-n-Chaos from Savannah, Georgia USA on Friday, May 7, 2004
My husband is loving reading this series of books! Now I've got to find a set for our son to read. In the meantime, I'm ready to mail the first 3 on to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 8 by vicki9170 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Saturday, May 22, 2004
received today

Journal Entry 9 by vicki9170 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Finished today absolutely loved it. I enjoyed the romance blossoming even more with Harry and Susan. Would like to see more of Thomas, Justine, Michael and Charity in the books as well.

Will mail out to Mytiliusgirl as soon as I finish #5 in the series.

Journal Entry 10 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, May 5, 2006
Arrived today; yay!

Journal Entry 11 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, May 21, 2006
Great story! I love Michael, was mildly creeped out by the big bad and am becoming increasingly concerned by the battering poor Harry is taking. He’s not having much luck, is he, especially re Susan!

I am loving this series of books!

Journal Entry 12 by rem_XGD-219596 on Monday, June 12, 2006
Received this set of five books as a ring - sorry for the late journal, they arrived when I was away on holidays.

Journal Entry 13 by rem_XGD-219596 on Wednesday, June 28, 2006
I enjoyed this one more! There's still the problem of him getting totally badgered long before even the middle of the book, and the usual martyr scenario, but this volume definitely has some very interesting angles in it. Things are getting darker, but a new friend appears on the scene (old friend, really, but new to the reader)who works faith magic. Things also get more interesting through better understanding of some of the workings of magic, Harry's background and the Nevernever. I'm getting more into it now and looking forward to the next volume.

Journal Entry 14 by RubyBlueLady from Avebury, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 10, 2006
I received books one,two,three and five on Saturday (8/7/06)

The series looks great, thanks

Journal Entry 15 by RubyBlueLady from Avebury, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 6, 2006
I loved this book - I loved the ghostly goings on, maybe my favourite so far?

Those vampires are really, really EVIL!

Ready to pass this on now (and halfway through book four)

Journal Entry 16 by 4orty7even from Kingston upon Thames, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 9, 2006
Received today - thanks.

Just finished book one and I need to read a TBR that's going off on a swap soon, so I'll get back to Harry after that!

Journal Entry 17 by 4orty7even from Kingston upon Thames, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, January 18, 2007
Just started reading this one and I have the next 2 in my posession. Had a few rings arrive within a few weeks - got 5 here altogether waiting to be read :o)

Journal Entry 18 by 4orty7even at on Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (2/7/2007 UTC) at

Sent to mysteryfan03 today.

Journal Entry 19 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Friday, April 27, 2007
I am so so sorry! I just realized that I did not journal this when it arrived in March. I loved the book and liked it better than number 2. This will be on its way home soon, BountifulPots!!

Journal Entry 20 by BountifulPots on Wednesday, May 16, 2007
It's home! Hooray! Thank you all so much.

Released 12 yrs ago (2/28/2009 UTC) at Weight Watchers Office Near Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, Kansas USA

Released for NJABBIC Week 8 - 300+ pages.