Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) - Series Bookring

by Jim Butcher | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by BountifulPots on 1/4/2004
Journal Entry 1 by BountifulPots on Sunday, January 4, 2004
This is a fantastic book by a fantastic author, and I had to share it with everyone. This is the second in a series about a wizard in Chicago named Harry Dresden, who is constantly having a bad day. In this book, the Chicago PD calls him again, this time because of a brutal murder that looks to have been committed by a wolf... at the full moon... and the tracks don't seem right for a normal wolf...

Journal Entry 2 by BountifulPots on Thursday, January 15, 2004

RubyBlueLady - United Kingdom
4orty7even - United Kingdom
mysteryfan03 - Missouri
BountifulPots - Kansas

Journal Entry 3 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Tuesday, January 20, 2004
Caught in the mail today along with the other 4 books in the series. Thanks rslicer. I'll be reading these within the next day or so and getting them out to BrynnSC.

Journal Entry 4 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Thursday, January 29, 2004
If possible, I enjoyed this one even more than the first book in the series.
This tale of Harry Dresden, wizard at large, taking on werewolves was a quick, fun read and I'm really looking forward to continuing this series.
Thanks again to rslicer for the opportunity to read this series. I was going to try and get this series mailed on January 30th but it looks as if it's going to be a few more days before I can actually get my car down off the mountain due to snow and ice so I'll journal again when I get these mailed.

Journal Entry 5 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Saturday, January 31, 2004
mailed to BrynnSC Feb 2, 2004 via media mail.

Journal Entry 6 by BrynnSC from Chesapeake Beach, Maryland USA on Saturday, February 21, 2004
Received all 5 of the Dresden Files books in the mail, today. I will PM nmarshall88 and make another entry when I finish the book. Thanks for sharing rslicer!

Journal Entry 7 by BrynnSC from Chesapeake Beach, Maryland USA on Tuesday, March 2, 2004
I agree with jamieh2003 that this book is better then the first. The story flows better and we get a better grasp of Harry. Poor guy. It's a good thing he has a good sense of humor. He just keeps getting himself in deeper, but is determined to set things right.

Some favorite things about Harry:
The Blue Beetle
He can't say "No" to a woman
He just gets back up
Don't get along with modern technology
Sense of humor

Journal Entry 8 by Penny-n-Chaos from Savannah, Georgia USA on Friday, May 7, 2004
My husband is loving reading this series of books! Now I've got to find a set for our son to read. In the meantime, I'm ready to mail the first 3 on to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 9 by vicki9170 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Saturday, May 22, 2004
received today

Journal Entry 10 by vicki9170 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 14, 2005
I had to admit I liked the first one better. This was good too but it was a bit more violent. I scare easily LOL

Journal Entry 11 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, May 5, 2006
Arrived today; hooray!

Journal Entry 12 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, May 21, 2006
I had a minor panic for around 10 days ago. I’d put this book in such a safe place that I couldn’t find it! This has held up my journalling and meant that I’ve actually finished all five books now!

I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the first one; and I can’t work out why. All of the elements of the first book were present, and yet I guess I didn’t find the book as convincing (as much as a book about werewolfs can be!) as the first one.

Weird.

Journal Entry 13 by rem_XGD-219596 on Friday, June 16, 2006
Hmmm. I enjoyed the read and the story is more instantly engaging than the first book. It's becoming clear now also who, apart from the main hero, are the characaters that are there to stay, as part of the frame of the series so to say. Unfortunately, I found the built-up rather repetitive - there seems to be no progression in the relationships of those main characters; although with a different set of monsters and from a different angle, the plot follows the same lines: mistrust in one relationship; an unacceptable offer from the wrong side; Dresden getting himself in various impossible-to-survive situations, very martyr-style, and somehow last minute from somewhere gets an idea and the mental resources to bring it to fruition. That was bad enough first time, but a repeat scenario in the 2nd book was a bit disappointing. I'd prefer some more variety in the development of the plot and a more "realistic reality" inside which the magic would become more credible as well. As it is, it's just all too far-fetched and fantastic (and I don't mean the monsters and the magic but the "ordinary" side of the story - like: one can only take so many beatings and keep going...). But I still like the Dresden character and his moral attitude.

Journal Entry 14 by RubyBlueLady from Avebury, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 10, 2006
I received books one,two,three and five on Saturday (8/7/06)

The series looks great, thanks

Journal Entry 15 by RubyBlueLady from Avebury, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 24, 2006
I didn't enjoy this as much as the first book, or the third (which I'm already half way through). I've never much been interested in were-wolves, so I found this one a little dull, and all the ripping of flesh, monotonous.

Sending on to the next person today (24/7/06)

Journal Entry 16 by 4orty7even from Kingston upon Thames, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, July 29, 2006
Received today, just started book one so this'll be next ..... ;o)

Finished today (Oct 16th) and found myself enjoying it more than the first in the series. Much darker, more gore and less humour, although I would have enjoyed more humour as well ;o)

Will send on to mysteryfan03 in my next batch.

Journal Entry 17 by 4orty7even at on Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (12/4/2006 UTC) at

On it's way to mysteryfan03. Will this one take 6 weeks as well ? ;o)

Journal Entry 18 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Monday, December 11, 2006
Got this today! Pretty quick this time! I was ready to pick a new book, so I have started reading it. Thanks!!

Journal Entry 19 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Thursday, December 28, 2006
I finished this a bit ago. I thought at first that it was not as good as the first one, but it soon became hard to put down! I still liked the first better though. Thanks for sharing this with us and it will be on its way home soon!

Journal Entry 20 by BountifulPots on Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Yay! It's home! Thanks for taking care of this one!

Released for NJABBIC Week 39 and the Tick Tock challenge.