A Wee Christmas Homicide

by Kaitlyn Dunnett | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by loriped of Keizer, Oregon USA on 1/4/2014
Journal Entry 1 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Saturday, January 04, 2014
Tis the season to be jolly, but in Moosetookalook, Maine, Christmas cheer is in short supply due to a snowless winter that's keeping skiers and shoppers at a distance. Fortunately, Liss MacCrimmon of the Scottish Emporium has a plan. . .

Liss's brainstorm focuses on Tiny Teddies, the new "hot" toy of the season. Every store across the country is out of stock--except a few wee establishments in good ol' Moosetookalook.

The first sign of something amiss occurs when the last Tiny Teddy is summarily executed: shot through the heart in the display window of greedy toy store owner Gavin Thorne. But the Teddy's demise is just a precursor to the eerily similar murder of Gavin himself. . .

Now, with the Twelve (or, in Scots terms, the Daft) Days of Christmas rapidly approaching, Liss has a plate full of things worse than haggis to contend with, starting with a stockroom packed with poultry (don't ask), and ending with a killer who'd like to see Liss's goose well and fully cooked. . .

This was a quick fun read, especially as I read it during the holidays.

Journal Entry 2 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Saturday, January 04, 2014
Mailing off to Purple-Pixie who won it in a swap at BookObsessed.

Journal Entry 3 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 20, 2014
I really like the sound of this book, thanks Lori!

Journal Entry 4 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 01, 2015
I loved this book!

A perfect quick read, even for after the holiday season.

Journal Entry 5 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (2/1/2015 UTC) at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom

Adding to cosy mystery bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, February 08, 2015
Being from Scotland I could not resist this enticingly titled little book. I suspect I may well release this in Scotland when I'm up again later this year (before Christmas).

Journal Entry 7 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, December 22, 2016
Well, my original plan for this did not happen but it is going to Scotland nonetheless as part of a Christmas NSS.

I have to agree with loriped as this was indeed a quick, fun read for the coming festive season. I think it was correctly in the cosy mystery box too as this fits that bill perfectly. Nothing too complicated, nothing too gory and some red herrings as well as giant clues to solving the mystery of the killer. Yes, I guessed it way before it was revealed, but it was still fun to see how the author got around to resolving the denouement.

On its way to anther festive reader but this time in Scotland itself!

Journal Entry 8 by Flutterbies9 at Secret Santa, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, December 22, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (12/22/2016 UTC) at Secret Santa, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A Christmas read to enjoy over the festive season.

Happy travels little book, may you spread joy on your journey.

Journal Entry 9 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, January 21, 2017
Really behind hand in all my BC endeavours over the festive period Dec 2016/Jan 2017 so first apologies for that, and here’s notification that I received this book and want to say thank you for it!

Bizarrely, and for the first time ever, we have planned sending the same book to each other, only you had succeeded in sending me this first! You now know I planned sending the first three in this series but only got the first sent meaning to follow up with volumes 2 & 3 so you get the treat of being able to do a book ray with the first three books of this series! Which leads me to why I am sending this straight back to you. Meanwhile to continue, I will nip back and deposit my review later, right now I am on a mission to catch-up with delayed BookCrossing journal entries.
---------------------

An amusement clearly not meant to be a profoundly deep expose on all things Scottish instead it was an a great intrigue and a jolly hoot though one more mention of ‘flaky’ scone’s was going to send me shrieking round the house. There would be something deeply wrong with a ‘flaky’ scone as scones by their very nature are crumbly!

The whole Tiny Teddy farrago was a hoot, the shooting a tragedy, and the sneaky manoeuvring of the villain of the peace pleasingly puzzling all in all fine fun, I enjoyed this a great deal! Now is the most suitable time to pass this on…
---------------------

Sunday was the Edinburgh BookCrossers Xmas Bash at The Filmhouse and this book was released there, or if not picked up it was to be placed on the OBCZ [Official BookCrossing Zone ] window-sill book shelf.

Hello book finder, if you aren't familiar with BookCrossing – WELCOME!

Feel free to keep this book it is yours to do with as you wish, read it, or pass it on to keep it travelling. You can leave notes anonymously or if you journal this book as a member, you will hear from the book on its travels. If you do join you’re quoting bookcrosser – Flutterbies9 – as your referrer would be very gratifying. Thank you and HAPPY READING!

Journal Entry 10 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, January 21, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (1/19/2017 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

OK as discussed above. My plan to give you the treat of being able to do a book ray with the first three books of this series suggested I re-send this to you. [Posted from Aberdeen, Scotland Thu 19 Jan 2017.] Eh, hem, a plan that’s only possible once I have sent you the second volume – note to self: rainbow3 SEND 2ND VOL TO Flutterbies9!

Journal Entry 11 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Gosh, for the first time ever in all these years, we actually found the same book for Christmas and kept it for Christmas NSS!!! Completely remarkable, wow :-)

Anyway, now awaiting the one from the series which is yet to reach me but thanks for this one back to make a series.

Journal Entry 12 by Flutterbies9 at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (1/20/2018 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Released into a cosy crime / mystery bookbox which is belatedly on its way out the door.

Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 13 by wing3viewing at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, January 26, 2018
Chosen from the cosy mystery bookbox

Journal Entry 14 by wing3viewing at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 20, 2019
I really enjoyed this wee cozy. It kept me entertained from start to finish and i didn’t feel as if I’d missed anything having not read the previous two in the series. Will definitely be looking for the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 15 by wing3viewing at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (12/17/2019 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

putting into the christmas bookbox

Journal Entry 16 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 28, 2019
Received in the Christmas bookbox. Great to get such a well-travelled book and looks like a fun read.