Doctor Who - Sting of the Zygons (New Series Adventure 13)

by Stephen Cole | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by katie1980 of Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on 12/31/2013
Journal Entry 1 by katie1980 from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 31, 2013
From the back of the book:
"The TARDIS lands the Doctor and Martha in the Lake District in 1909, where a small village has been terrorised by a giant, scaly monster. The search is on for the elusive 'Beast of Westmorland', and explorers, naturalists and hunters from across the country are descending on the fells. King Edward VII himself is on his way to join the search, with a knighthood for whoever finds the Beast.
But there is a more sinister presence at work in the Lakes than a mere monster on the rampage, and the Doctor is soon embroiled in the plans of an old and terrifying enemy. As the hunters become the hunted, a desperate battle of wits begins - with the future of the entire world at stake...
"

Got this at the hospital when we were in there with Smidge with minimal time for preparation to grab a book to read! It is a good read, and fairly typical of the tie-in books for Doctor Who. I enjoyed it, but will not be reading it again so will release it for someone else to enjoy.

I liked this bit:
"'Return the activator to me,' the Zygon demanded, its voice rasping deeper.
'Nope.' The Doctor backed away, holding the activator up in the air, out of reach. 'Not until you say please.'
The creature glared at him. Then it looked down at the grass.
'Please,' it said.
Lowering his arm, the Doctor stared in disbelief.
'You what?'
'Please.' The Zygon raised its huge, misshapen head. There was something raw, almost desperate in its feral eyes.
'Oh.' The Doctor felt a twinge of guilt for getting its hopes up. 'Well, that's sweet of you to use manners, but no. Like I said, if I can fix this, I might just be able to take control of your Skarasen.'
"