corner corner Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife

Where Has This Book Been?

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
by Eben Alexander | Nonfiction
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 12/27/2013

status (set by BOOKWORMINUSALL): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, April 12, 2014

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dr. Alexander comes from a medical background and speaks very clearly about his story of being comatose for 7 days. It is unique because it comes directly from a person who is well acquainted with current understanding of the brain and consciousness and he can see where we our understanding falls short.

Previous to his experience he was generally agnostic as he says "the older I got, however, the less likely supernatural beliefs seemed. Like an ocean wearing away a beach, over the years my scientific worldview gently but steadily undermined my ability to believe in something larger. Science seemed to be providing a steady onslaught of evidence that pushed our significance in the universe even closer to zero. Belief would have been nice. But science is not concerned with what would be nice. It's concerned with what is."

He becomes ill and falls into a coma for a week during which he learns that not only does God exist but that he is "so completely beyond any of our human attempts at capturing God in words or pictures while here on earth.

After his experience he examines what happened from a medical view point and still comes away completely sure that what he learned in seven days trumps 20 years of rigorous study.

Reserved for NF VBB

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/17/2017 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! RABCK to BOOKWORMINALLUS for Tick Tock Release Challenge 2017

Journal Entry 4 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Thursday, November 02, 2017

Looking forward to reading this book that arrived safely yesterday afternoon (1 November 2017), as my pick in my first ever Bookcrossing Virtual Bookbox. THANKS for sending it, and THANKS again for including me in your Round 7: US Non-Fiction VBB https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/518393?page=3 , booklady331. ; )