A Christmas Carol

Happy Bookmasukkah!
by Charles Dickens | Children's Books |
Registered by SCOUT-FINCH of Sherman Oaks, California USA on 12/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by SCOUT-FINCH from Sherman Oaks, California USA on Sunday, December 10, 2017
Releasing for the Christmas Challenge 2017!

I've been BookCrossing for over fifteen years now - I first read about it in the Los Angeles Times, and I went to the website at bookcrossing.com to see what it was about. I read a lot of books, and it makes sense to pass them on to someone when I'm done with them - this is a fun way to do it and see where your book ends up. I've left books in parks, restaurants, stores, Disneyland, cruise ships, on the steps of a church in France, behind a statue in Nassau and near a Hawaiian volcano. I've gotten notices that my books have ended up in Rome on someone's honeymoon, in Afghanistan with a soldier and once a book was journaled seven years after I left it in a restaurant. Where was it all this time? It had only traveled about ten miles?!

Check out the Forums too -where interesting people from all over the world meet to talk about books, literacy, current events, their pets, their travels, whatever's going on. There are even annual international BookCrossing Conventions!

Whether you've just stumbled on to your next new hobby, a book you're going to read or just a book you're going to donate back to your local library or "leave in the wild", would you take a moment to log in to bookcrossing.com and let us know that you found it? If you don't plan to join bookcrossing you can remain anonymous. If you do join, please use my name (SCOUT-FINCH) as your referral - thanks!

Happy reading!

Released 1 yr ago (12/15/2017 UTC) at Target Store near Ventura and De Soto in Woodland Hills, California USA

Left in the basket of a shopping cart in one of the collection areas in the parking lot. Happy Holidays!