Cats are Weird and More Observations

by Jeffrey Brown | Pets & Animals |
ISBN: 081187480X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 12/19/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, December 19, 2013
Thanks to eponine38 for this cute (and weird!) hardcover cat-book! It consists of charming (and sometimes squicky) looks at the daily lives of cats, with sequences that will be familiar to cat-owners - playing, washing, pouncing, knocking things off of shelves, playing with water dripping from a faucet (I had one who loved to do that), swatting the vacuum cleaner... One of my favorite strips is called "The Look", and features the cat snoozing on its owner's lap; the owner shifts his leg after it has gone to sleep (due to the pressure of the cat, of course), and "the look" is the cat's mildly-disgruntled reaction to being disturbed. A quiet little scene, but oh, the memories!

The strip called "Why Cats Can't Have Nice Things" is also right on the button, showing the many clawed, tangled, fur-strewn household items. Yes, they can be a nuisance - but I wouldn't be without one...

In some ways the strips remind me of Chi's Sweet Home, though that series gives its central kitten-character a more lively internal dialogue. The dead-on cat's-eye-view of the world is the same, though, and they're both charming and funny.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Sleepy Hollow, New York USA on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (12/25/2013 UTC) at Sleepy Hollow, New York USA

I'm taking this book to my niece and nephews in New York. Enjoy!

*** Released as part of the What's in a Name release challenge, for "Cat". ***