Dracula (Penguin English Library)

by Bram Stoker | Horror |
ISBN: 9780141199337 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 12/16/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, December 16, 2013
Everyone knows the tale of Dracula, one of my favourite classics and horror books, when is first read it at school i found it dull and boring, my mind changed when I re-read it about 6 months ago. Mainly because I had more time to read it.

I found this book on a book swap shelf in a backpackers I was staying at in Alice springs so I thought I would rescue it, register and maybe release it eventually. :) maybe when I'm back in the uk

Journal Entry 2 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (1/30/2014 UTC) at

Happy birthday
Hope you enjoy the surprise book. I have to many to take back home with me so they are going to be birthday book surprises

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by sarahmangan at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for thinking of me on my birthday and sending me this book! I'm slowly getting round to journaling all my hoard (see pic!). I can't believe how generous everyone has been!

Journal Entry 4 by sarahmangan at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 02, 2015
I read Dracula a couple of years ago so I'm going to send this one on to the winner of the Classics Sweepstake. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Journal Entry 5 by sarahmangan at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 02, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (8/3/2015 UTC) at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

On its way to Sweden.

Journal Entry 6 by gunmarga at Hörby, Skåne Sweden on Monday, August 10, 2015
Thank you sarahmangan, I've seen a lot of Dracula-films so it feels exciting with this book. There use to be many differences between films and books. It feels so good to be a winner. Thanks also or the card

Backside: A chilling masterpiece of the horror genre,* Dracula* illuminates the dark corners of Victorian sexuality. When Jonathan Harker visits Transylvania to advise Count Dracula on a London home, he makes a horrifying discovery. Soon afterwards, a number of disturbing incidents unfold in England: an unmanned ship is wrecked at Whitby; strange puncture marks appear on a young woman's neck; and the inmate of a lunatic asylum raves about the arriael of his 'Master', while a determined group of adversaries prepares to face the terrifying Count.

My opinion: This book is something extraordinary about Dracula. Essentially it consists of diary entries of the main characters and how they try to survive and fight the vampires.
I can understand that it is regarded as the finest and most prestigious Bram Stoker's novels and that it is considered a masterpiece. I enjoyed reading it.

Journal Entry 7 by gunmarga at Ekologihuset in Lund, Skåne Sweden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (10/26/2016 UTC) at Ekologihuset in Lund, Skåne Sweden

Hyllan för lämna/hämta böcker. Till dig som hittar boken säger jag: "Tack för att du tog hand om boken. Skriv gärna en kommentar. Anonymt eller som medlem. Det är gratis. Din e-mail lämnas aldrig ut. Du får inte spam. Du hittar många bokintresserade och det finns forum, både skandinaviskt och internationella att prata på. Om du undrar över något så skicka gärna ett PM (personal message) till mig och fråga. Lycka till och Trevlig läsning.

Journal Entry 8 by Sitta at Lund, Skåne Sweden on Thursday, October 27, 2016
I took it home in case my son would want to. He visited Transylvania this summer, so he might might find extra interesting. Personally I am noit very keen on horrors!