The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana

Registered by rebekkila of Lansing, Michigan USA on 12/6/2013
Journal Entry 1 by rebekkila from Lansing, Michigan USA on Friday, December 06, 2013
l

Journal Entry 2 by rebekkila at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (11/5/2014 UTC) at Miami, Florida USA

Released as part of the audio book box.
Released as part of the The Challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, November 21, 2014
I've never read any books by Umberto Eco, although I've heard of him plenty of time. Glad to see this offered in the vbb.

Yambo, a sixtyish rare-book dealer who lives in Milan, has suffered a loss of memory - he can remember the plot of every book he has ever read, every line of poetry, but he no longer knows his own name, doesn't recognize his wife or his daughters, and remembers nothing about his parents or his childhood. In an effort to retrieve his past, he withdraws to the family home somewhere in the hills between Milan and Turin. There, in the sprawling attic, he searches through boxes of old newspapers, comics, records, photo albums, and adolescent diaries. And so Yambo relives the story of his generation: Mussolini, Catholic education and guilt, Josephine Baker, Flash Gordon, Fred Astaire. His memories run wild, and the life racing before his eyes takes the form of a graphic novel. Yambo struggles through the frames to capture one simple, innocent image: that of his first love.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, August 13, 2016
The story has a very interesting premise - a man who forgets everything of his personal life, but still remembers the books he read, and he tries to figure out his history. There are some interesting stories within story, and many well written passages, but as an audiobook, I find it hard to sustain attention to the rambling monolog.

Now sending this to booklady331, who selected it from the vbb.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, October 06, 2016
I have had this book since August but the BCID number has somehow disappeared. Thank you, azuki, for PMing me the BCID number. So glad the mystery has been resolved.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, April 23, 2017
After listening to three CDs, I decided that this book is not for me. It was boring, rambling, and parts didn't make sense for a man without a memory except for what he had read. I gave up after he wrote about studying and smelling his own poop. Just was more than I wanted. I'll see if I can find someone who would like to listen to it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, June 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/8/2018 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Off to Moody-blue who picked this from the CD VBB -- a KTM book

Journal Entry 8 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Montrose, Colorado USA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Looks good - thanks!