The Jewels of Paradise

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTaryawing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/22/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingTaryawing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 22, 2013
Caterina Pellegrini, a young Venetian musicologist, is hired to find the rightful heir to a treasure concealed by a once-famous, now almost forgotten composer. Sworn to secrecy, and determined to uncover the truth alone, Caterina is led down paths that are darker and more mysterious than she could have imagined, paths that lead straight to the heart of one of the most scandalous affairs of the baroque era.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, December 28, 2013
Reserved for Chania :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/9/2014 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

This Leon's book will now travel to Kokkola as Runojalka has kindly promised to take it to Chania :) Thanks, Runojalka!

Journal Entry 4 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Thank You, Tarya and Runojalka! Looks very interesting!

Journal Entry 5 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, January 04, 2015
Very nice! A Donna Leon's book that is not Comissario Brunetti - so it is novelty for me! Lots of history and classical music, which are not my strong area at all, but still interesting and captivating book - I would love to read more about Caterina Pellegrini!

Sending to Annelis, who loves Venice, next!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 16, 2015
Wow, Chania, so many books! Thank you very much!
Lots of history and classical music are not my strong area either, but I love to read about them.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 12, 2018
This is a nice book, even if I was a bit disappointed at first of its not being a Brunetti story.
I met many familiar Italian things which I have read at Italian Book Club. Last winter we read a book called Stabat Mater. It was about an orphanage and some of its inhabitants in the 1700s. The orphans sang at church and Antonio Vivaldi came to teach them. Vivaldi is one of many composers who has composed music Stabat Mater.
Agostino Steffani's Stabat Mater can be found on YouTube (among many others).
There was a program on TV about castrati who sang like angels. The last castrato, Alessandro Moreschi, died in 1922.

This is my book #60 in the Reduce Mount TBR 2018 -challence by Dove-i-libri.

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnneliswing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/12/2018 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Vakimiittiin mukaan lähtee tämä kirja.

Mukavia lukuhetkiä!

Book #83 in the 2018 Keep Them Moving -challence by Booklady331

Journal Entry 9 by wingbookwormesswing at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Tuesday, June 12, 2018
It was one of the leftovers at out meet up, so I took it as it's perfect prize for certain sweeps. Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by wingbookwormesswing at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/5/2018 UTC) at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland

The book will travel to the winner of Music Sweepstakes (Round II). Hope you'll enjoy it! :)

*******************
Congratulations, you've found a book I've released in the wild. It's yours now - you can keep it, give to someone you know or release it back in the wild. Thank you for letting me know you've found it! If you want, you're welcome to join Bookcrossing.com. :)

Journal Entry 11 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 12, 2018
What a lovely surprise! It would seem I am the decoy or the winner of the Music Sweepstakes. Either way, it's a great prize - thanks bookwormess!