corner corner Jane and the Unpleasantness of Scargrave Manor - Being the First Jane Austen Mystery

Journal Entry 1 by bluezwuzl from Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Jane Austen herself trying her best as a sleuth...
From the cover :"On a visit to the estate of her friend, the young and beautiful Isobel Payne, Countess of Scargrave, Jane bears witness to a tragedy. Isobel's husband - a gentleman of mature years - is felled by a mysterious and agonizing ailment. The Earl's death seems a cruel blow of fate foe the newly married Isobel..."

This is an international bookring. The list of participants so far:

- Rochester74
- LilyKlip
- ...
- back to me, please

Journal Entry 2 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Friday, March 28, 2014

The book arrived safely yesterday. Thanks for sending :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Saturday, April 26, 2014

I started reading this book and I have to get used to the stile.
The footnotes seem to be too many and often unnessessary. They do have a very educating character which seems to me the auther thinks the reader is dumb or unable to inform herself. But if it turns out, that the author used the footnotes to imply that this is an authentic historical document, than it would be kind of funny- but still anoying ;-)
Well, I only started reading- I will find out :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Finally I finished :-)
I like the idea of Jane solving mysterys and I liked the plot. But I still do not really know what to think of the stile. First she uses vocabulay Jane Austen wouldn't have used and than she explains them throu footnotes. I guess an epilog would have done. In the beginning I mixed up all the male characters, which wasn't helpful at all.
I am not uninterested to read more of this mysteries some day, but I would'nt want to read them to soon.

The book is patiently waiting in my bookshelf for new orders :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I said I would wait for orders, but now there is a new name on the list, so I will mail this book tomorrow.

Journal Entry 6 by LilyKlip at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, August 09, 2014

I didn't even get through chapter 2... The style seems totally awkward, the characters stereotypical and I just couldn't get into the story.

Thanks for sharing it anyway.

Journal Entry 7 by LilyKlip at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, January 05, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/5/2015 UTC) at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany

Reist nun zurück an Bluewuzl. Vielen Dank!

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Thursday, September 22, 2016

Received today as the first sentence book. Thank you!