Help! I'm Laughing And I Can't Get Up

by LIZ CURTIS HIGGS | Humor |
Registered by ReadingGal79 of Antioch, Illinois USA on 12/30/2003
Journal Entry 1 by ReadingGal79 from Antioch, Illinois USA on Tuesday, December 30, 2003
I got this book in the mail on 11/24 from readnmachine in OR ... as part of a Read-n-Swap book chain. Unfortately, my cats got ahold of it and clawed the cover (only time they've done that). It's still readable just has a damaged cover. I'll be offering it back up into chain once I'm done reading it.

c. 1998 -- 249 pages -- Trade Paperback -- Fall-down Funny Stories To Fill Your Heart And Lift Your Spirit -- An Encourager -- Christian life -- Women's Interest -- Humor

Back Cover: Are you ... Overworked? Under-humored? Stressed out? Down in the dumps? Here's the perfect pick-me-up!

Grin and share it ... Humorist Liz Curtis Higgs gathered side-splitting stories from 500 folks in all 50 states and tossed in her own original favorites for her funniest book yet.

Find out why ...
* Joy comes in the morning unless you wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
* It's hard to laugh up your sleeve when you're wearing your birthday suit.
* "Someday we'll laugh about this" really means, "Let's start now."

Rated "G" for "Good, clean fun!"

Journal Entry 2 by ReadingGal79 from Antioch, Illinois USA on Monday, January 12, 2004
I finally finished reading this today. It was good, but didn't have me rolling on the floor laughing. I liked the way Higgs catagorized various types of laughs (howl, hoot, snort, etc) and compared people's humor to different weather (sunny, cloudy, stormy, and foggy). It takes all of us complimenting each other personalities to make life fun. This is a collection of funny happenings Higgs has heard from others over the years. I do want to read her other works and other heard good things about this author from other BCers.

Release planned for Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at Fellow BookCrosser in Postal release, Postal Release Controlled Releases.

I plan to take this to the post office tomorrow on the way home from my doctor appointment. Mailing to Hanrahan-Siudy in NY ... as part of a RABCK. She said she didn't mind the condition of the cover.

Journal Entry 4 by Hanrahan-Siudy from Schenectady, New York USA on Monday, April 5, 2004
I enjoyed the book but I was not rolling in the aisle laughing. I enjoyed her analysis of different personalitiy types. I perfer Erma as a humorist but this lady did have some insights to humor to keep in mind. I will be giving to a friend who ask to read it next.

Journal Entry 5 by Hanrahan-Siudy from Schenectady, New York USA on Wednesday, May 26, 2004
Sending to Penzy to give to friend who lost his life partner

Journal Entry 6 by Penzy from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Monday, June 7, 2004
Passing along to my friend, with gratitude.