The White Bone: A Novel

by Barbara Gowdy | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 11/4/2013
Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, November 05, 2013
The story of Mud, her foster sister and best Friend Date Bed, and her suitor Tall Time. All elephants, the author has envisioned a society and way of thought that works as a novel. Drought has hit the African Plains, the worst in any living memory, and predation by humans has reached a new level. The elephants must find a legendary place where they will be safe.

Well written, good story, and I'm going to be thinking about this one for a while. My sister's always tells me 'good art' may not be something you like, but if it provokes a reaction, and continues to, it is 'good art.' I'm not even sure I liked this book, but I will be thinking of it, and so 'good art.'

Fly far little book!

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, January 10, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (1/10/2014 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Placed in the Wild Thing Bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Picked it up from the Wild Things bookbox. A story about elephants. How interesting!

And I seem to have picked up quite a few books from you, quietorchid! Good taste in books, I'd have to say.