NW

by Zadie Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by karen07814 of Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on 11/4/2013
Journal Entry 1 by karen07814 from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, November 4, 2013
Off it goes to someone who may like it. They should, it's on their wishlist!

Rabck!!!!!!!!!!

If you're in Colchester bookcrossers meet up once a month on the third Thursday at 7pm. Venue Fox Pub Layer de la Haye.
No fixed book to read, a pile of books in the middle of the table to choose from to take home. Somebody will have an opinion on any book (if you want the opinion) Feel free to come along or pm me for more details.

Journal Entry 2 by Blue_berry at Croydon, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sending this! What a great surprise! I'll put this on top of the pile. :)

Journal Entry 3 by Blue_berry at Croydon, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 3, 2013
This was very original and contemporary story of characters whose stories interwined and I found this book very enjoyble and believable. The way the style of the narrative was varied between chapters, who all had a differenct character's story, was very convincing, like listening different people telling their stories in their own voices.

Journal Entry 4 by Blue_berry at City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Released 8 yrs ago (2/4/2014 UTC) at City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom

Sending to ApoloniaX as a part of New Wishlist tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Tuesday, February 11, 2014
This arrived today - thanks a lot for tagging me. Seems so promising, it won't stay on Mt. TBR for long.

Journal Entry 6 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, March 6, 2014
Brilliant, loved it. Like Blue_berry I found the four characters very convincing - each with her/his own distinct voice and style, with Natalie and Leah at the centre. It's a rather experimental novel, very powerful, with a brilliant structure and story arch. Highly recommendable!

Journal Entry 7 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, March 6, 2014

Released 8 yrs ago (3/7/2014 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Wishlist surprise!

Journal Entry 8 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Saturday, March 15, 2014
What a surprice! When I came back from Munich I found that wishlist book.

Thanks a lot, Apolonia. I am looking forward to read it ;-)

It was my second book and I liked it as much as the first one. Looking forward to read more from this author. I think one more is on the pile ;-)

chania

Journal Entry 9 by wingchawosowing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, December 7, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (12/24/2019 UTC) at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland

I found it on your wishlist.
So it was packed as a part of your European Secret Santa parcel.
Merry Christmas! hyvää joulua! Fröhliche Weihnachten!

... and happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, December 22, 2019
Thank you so much - for this book and huge amount of other gifts! I like Zadie Smith and haven't read this yet, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Journal Entry 11 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, March 12, 2021
I liked this a lot, maybe not as much as White Teeth, but still excellent book!

Journal Entry 12 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Reserved

Journal Entry 13 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, December 26, 2021
Avl again.

Journal Entry 14 by Chania at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (5/18/2022 UTC) at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland

To Halonhakkaaja next, as a part of the Virkkeen mitalla- game!

Journal Entry 15 by halonhakkaaja at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Friday, May 20, 2022
I chose this book on the basis of the first sentence (The fat sun stalls by the phone masts.) and it turned out to be quite well chosen :) I've read couple of Smith's books previously and thought I ought to read more. So no I have a chance to do so! Thank you very much!!!

Journal Entry 16 by halonhakkaaja at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Thursday, June 16, 2022
Now I know a lot about north-west Londoners. Seemed very authentic. Thanks!