Avenger's Angel

by Heather Killough-Walden | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 10/30/2013
Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 30, 2013
AVENGER'S ANGEL by HEATHER KILLOUGH-WALDEN (2011)
ISBN: 978-0-7553-8037-4 (UK)
Publisher: Headline
Cover: AFTER AN ETERNITY SPENT WALING THE EARTH IN SEARCH OF THEIR LOST SOUL MATES, FOUR ARCHANGELS ARE ABOUT TO LEARN THAT FINDING THEIR ARCHESSES IS ONLY THE FIRST HARROWING STEP TO CLAIMING THEIR SOULS.

When Uriel, the angel of Vengeance, catches sight of Eleanor granger his is stunned. He and his brothers have searched for centuries for the elusive archesses made for them by the Old man and recognising Ellie as his, Uriel immediately wages a war of seduction to capture her heart.

Beautiful Ellie has spent her life on the run, hiding inexplicable powers other would kill to possess. She cannot deny her attraction to the extraordinarily handsome man with piercing green eyes but can she trust him?

As passion consumes Uriel and Ellie, outside forces just as powerful as the archangels themselves array against them. If they are to realise the love that is their destiny, Uriel and Ellie must fight to the death against those who would tear them apart…

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, February 16, 2014
Avenger’s Angel is the first in Heather Killough-Walden's paranormal series, THE LOST ANGELS, and features Uriel, the Angel of Vengeance. I stumbled upon this in Aberdeen attracted by a new paranormal romance series that appeared set to follow the trials of four archangels.

Four thousand years ago, Uriel, Gabriel, Azrael and Michael were cast down to Earth in human form. God's favourites, they came to find their mates, archesses, (silly name?) the other half of their souls, without whom they will ever be complete. The four archangels, however, were not alone. Another archangel whose power cannot be underestimated followed them, determined to find the archesses for himself. After centuries of fruitless searching, the four archangels - and their enemy - have all but given up hope. Then, Uriel catches sight of Ellie. However, of course, even a beginning for the two lovers is not assured, events are far from straightforward and even when peaceful resolution has been achieved between Ellie’s distrust of Uriel and her genuine fascination for him events conspire to tear the couple apart. Placing further in peril, Uriel and Ellies special bond from ever being forged is the revelation of the existence on earth of other evil unearthly beings. Adarian’s, they are twelve powerful archangels banished to earth because of their rebelliousness and opposition to following God’s rules.

Reading a little like the beginning chapters of a huge tome, lots of characters were introduced and also a number of different plot threads, this finishes I felt relying somewhat on the following novel to further Uriel and Ellies story satisfactorily. Despite feeling a tad frustrated in Avengers Angel’s fumbled finish I‘ll admit to being intrigued enough to whip through it and swiftly follow the impulse to chase up more in the series. Thanks to Edinburgh City Libraries – let’s hear it for our great Libraries - I have since whipped through books 2. Messenger's Angel (2011), and 3. Death's Angel (2012). They consecutively deliver the tale of Gabriel, the Messenger Archangel, as he unites with Juliette Andersen, then Azrael's story, as the former Archangel of Death moves, stopping at nothing, to convince Sophie Bryce that she is fated to be with him.

Thoughts on the series up till the fourth book (of which there is yet no sign) is that it delivers high-octane action, driven characters, and highly contorted plots, and is in effect an unputdownable, diverting sort of series. I’m certainly enjoying this author’s work. Lots of gutsy characters and explosive dilemmas laced with spell-binding moments of tenderness. Michael’s story, next please, Ms Killough-Walden!

(Off at an angle: have to say Bk 2. Messenger's Angel (2011), thrilled me to pieces by having a scene set at the edge my birthplace see pg 357. Boy was I thrilled, yeah, yeah, it’s a locals thing but yip I was thrilled.)

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (2/14/2014 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

One of my fourteen St Valentine’s Day Releases - I’m planning travelling this out as a St Valentine’s Day SURPRISE RABCK 2014 to a mystery BookCrosser. Also I’m celebrating ten years of BookCrossing this year and want to mark it with RABCK’s and other amusements. I will nip back to add details later. Meanwhile, working with delayed plans I just had to snag a release date as close to St Valentine’s Day as possible!
---------------------

ADDED - SUN 02 MAR 2914: finally in the post (2nd Class Parcel Small Parcel) on Sat 01 Mar @ 16:21. Lemon-Crisis I know a surprise book and I hope one that will delight! Yahoo for paranormal romance! Cheers rainbow3

Journal Entry 4 by BGQ-488500 at Birchington, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Please forgive my tardiness in journalling this in, I was on hiatus having a mini life crisis and instead of handling my 'online life stuff' with maturity I instead ignored it. Not my proudest moment, and for that I can only apologise.

However! It is here safe with me, and I will be reading and passing this on somehow soon :)

Thank you so much rainbow3 for your kind RABCK! I haven't heard of this author before so it's intriguing.