The Family Frying Pan

by Bryce Courtenay | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 014300459x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Annimanni of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 10/29/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Annimanni from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, October 29, 2013
From amazon.com:

"Mrs Moses is a small woman with a big heart and enormous courage. The only survivor of a Cossack raid on her village, she takes with her a big cast-iron frying pan, so heavy that she can only sling it over her back. Yet this is no ordinary frying pan - it's The Family Frying Pan, blessed with a Russian soul. From this frying pan Mrs Moses manages to feed the various refugees who are travelling with her across Russia to freedom. In return, each of the group must tell a story around the campfire at night - stories of compassion and bravery, of human frailty and, above all, of hope."

Journal Entry 2 by Annimanni at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 7, 2021
A very enjoyable read, indeed, a book of fairytales for adults. Very atmospheric and vivid, this is a book to lose yourself in.

NB! People seem to be referring to these stories as true to life, but I very much doubt that. :)

***
Osallistun kirjalla lii5an kouluhaasteeseen. Tämä osuu kohtaan 17. Musiikki, sillä kannessa on viulu.

Journal Entry 3 by Annimanni at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 28, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (2/28/2021 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Surprise RABCK to someone who I think might like this...

Journal Entry 4 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, March 2, 2021
This looks interesting, and the kind of book I will probably like! Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Fascinating stories with love, joy, sorrow, cruelty. I really enjoyed this!

Journal Entry 6 by Chania at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/6/2023 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

I hope you enjoy this!

Journal Entry 7 by wingPiikuwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, December 9, 2023
Thank you Chania, this looks like "my kind of book".