corner corner Pride and Prescience (Mr & Mrs Darcy Mystery)

Pride and Prescience (Mr & Mrs Darcy Mystery)
by Carrie Bebris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingRochester74wing of Gießen, Hessen Germany on 10/29/2013

status (set by carelaisa): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingRochester74wing from Gießen, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bought this book second hand because I want to read it :-)

"Mr. & Mrs. Darcy, the joyous newlyweds from Pride and Prejudice, have not even left for their honeymoon when they find themselves embroiled in a mystery involving one of their wedding guests.
The lovely Caroline Bingley is engaged to marry a rich and charismatic American. Unfortunately, this windswept courtship is marred by many strange events: nocturnal wanderings, spooked horses, carriage accidents, and even an apparent suicide attempt. Soon the whole Bingley family seems the target of a mysterious plot.

Only the Darcys recognize the danger as the Austen genre of Regency romances mixes with the unearthly gothic threats of Ann Radcliffe and the Brontës. Dark forces are afoot and the Darcys must get to the bottom of the plot before the blushing bride descends into madness or worse.
In Pride and Prescience, the Darcys take center stage as the Regency era's answer to the Thin Man's Nick and Nora, in search of the truth, universally acknowledged and otherwise."

Journal Entry 2 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Saturday, November 02, 2013

This is the first book of this series, but the third I read and it is the one I like least so far.
That doesn't mean it is bad or awful but it is about a lot of supernatural mysterystuff and the story isn't that convincing and you have to pity Caroline Bingley.
Nevertheless I wouldn't have wanted to miss this :-)

It's gonna be a RAY and you know how this workes: Do not keep this book for ages and you can always ask to get a place futher down the list, if it's necessary ;-)
paperback, about 300g

- tourvel Germany
- bluezwuzl Germany
- carelaisa Canada (ships Canada/ USA)
and now the book may travel whereever it wants :-)
I am very happy with wild releases if you can not think of the right person to read this book.

More books of this series:
2.book Suspense and Sensibility
3.book North by Northanger

Journal Entry 3 by tourvel at Alsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, November 29, 2013

Buch ist da und wird gerade gelesen.

26.01.2014
Das Buch hat mich gut unterhalten, obwohl ich den dritten Band, den ich als erstes gelesen habe, bis jetzt immer noch am besten fand.

Adresse habe ich schon, jetzt muss ich es nur noch verschicken.

Journal Entry 4 by tourvel at an einen weiteren Leser, per Post geschickt -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (2/11/2014 UTC) at an einen weiteren Leser, per Post geschickt -- Controlled Releases

Endlich auf den Weg zu bluezwuzl gebracht. Viel Vergnügen mit dem Buch!

Journal Entry 5 by bluezwuzl at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Das Buch ist schon fast gelesen und wartet nun auf neue Freunde!
Vielen Dank an tourvel fürs Schicken und an Rochester74 für das Angebot!

Journal Entry 6 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Received the book today. Looking forward to read it.

Thanks bluezwuzl to send it my way, along with the little surprises and Rochester74 for sharing the book with us!

Journal Entry 7 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, March 31, 2014

I must say it was a pleasure to read it. It was fun, witty and full enough of adventures and things happening that weren’t exactly expected. I would say it fills all the requirements of being a cozy mystery, set in the Victorian era. I really liked what the author did with the main characters of Pride and Prejudice, setting them as a couple who investigates small mysteries and even murders, with of course the limitations of their time. There’s not much more I can say, beside that it was a fun read, and well written. I’m already looking forward to read the other books in the series.