This Is My Town
9 journalers for this copy...
This Is My Town bookcrossing journal;
What is interesting about where you live? Great night life? The best restaurants? Sunny, sandy beaches? Tell me about it!!
The idea of this journal is to travel thru each of the 50 United States, finding great places to visit, great people to tell me about it, and great fun in reading it!! Please feel free to include anything and everything you find intriguing about your corner of the world; postcards, pictures, labels, buttons....have fun with it! Maybe someday, I can have the opportunity to see each and every stop for myself!!
- please try to limit your enthusiasm to 6 pages (we want room for everyone!) I'm making this a 2-volume journal, so that everyone gets plenty of room!
- please try to keep this journal moving along (7-10 days per stop would be ideal!)
- Journal upon receiving and again when you post, so that we all may keep track of its travels. (**Please DO NOT release this journal)
- PM the person next on the list for his/her addy once you have the journal in hand. If after 2 attempts, you cannot contact them, please PM me & the next recipient on the list.
- HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
- Maurean (Atlantic Beach, FL)
- TBlack44 (Wake Forest, NC)
- kristamd (Washington, DC)
- MarciNYC (Howell, NJ)
- fsr44 (Providence, RI)
- Aisling78 (Groveland, MA)
- Lorelei03 (Flushing, NY)
- Jackie700 (Garnerville, NY)*unable to contact
- Kat123 (Elmira, NY)
- arcadedweller (Bellwood, PA)
- WritinReader (Elsmere, KY)
- book-girl-24 (Knox, IN) *current location <-- STALLED; No response to PM's
- GiraffeCat (Detroit, MI)
- beautyredefined (Madison, WI)
- kkitlon (Two Rivers, WI)
- ILuvToRead2 (Chicago, IL)
- JesseBC (Chicago, IL) << journaling for Deluth MN, her hometown!
- Portias (Pittsburg, MO)
- clindell (Kansas City, MO)
- FifthElement (Warrensburg, MO)
- BigJohnLefty (Grimes, IA)
- arugh48187 (Apple Valley, MN)
- keycollect (Rapid City, SD)
- jacinda (Denver, CO)
- manky (Hood River, OR)
- ahythloday (Richland, WA)
- crazyladybugg (Puyallup, WA)
- keister (Anchorage, AK)
- fanclub (Honolulu, HI)
- Lucinda (Ventura, CA)
- jenn7747 (Los Angeles, CA)
- Secretariat (Carlsbad, CA)
- abs (Berkeley, CA)
- beadedzebra (OK)
- cytronella (Todd Mission, TX)
- genisdances (Houston, TX)
- ramson (New Orleans, LA)
- retc (New Orleans, LA)
- mmarshall88 (Kingport, TN)
- Aisling78 (Groveland, MA) (asked to be moved to end of list)
- TBlack 44 (Wake Forest, NC) (asked to be moved to end of list)
- WarEagle78 (Birmingham, AL)
- mpmarus (Mobile, AL)
- Ilios (Tampa, FL)
...and back to me in Atlantic Beach, FL !!
Well....after some delays due to this thing we call *life* I have finally gotten this journal on its way! I very much look forward to reading everyone's input, and I hope these little books make there way safe and sound throughout the U.S. Thanks to all who are participating!! HAVE FUN! Mailed to North Carolina today, 3/1
I received this journal the middle of last week. Unfortantely, there was a death in the family that caused my delay in journaling this and starting with my part! I will mail this along as soon as I am finished with it! =)
This book is off to kristamd tomorrow morning. Due to personal reasons, I have not had the time to start my part of this journal. My sincere apologies to Maurean, as I've held this up too long. Though, I would love to receive this journal at the end before it gets to you so I can do my part. I would be gracious if you let me do this.
The journals arrived today I enjoyed Maurean's fabulous description of her hometown. I think jumping on a plane and visiting Atlantic Beach would be the perfect cure for my spring fever! I will finish my section of the journal during my upcoming spring break and mail it off to MarciNYC. I would love to see the journals once they are complete, too.
I completed my Washington DC pages and mailed the journals to MarciNYC today. I had fun re-visiting some favorite places and deciding which of the many local attractions to include. I'm excited to see the journals in their finished form.
Received. Must buy gluestick before I can work on my entry! Argh!
Oh, and most of the entries so far aren't signed...so don't forget to sign 'em folks!
I just recieved this journal in the mail today, and I'm impressed by the thought & work already put into it. I hope my contribution is up to par with what all the previousl bookcrossers have done. I'm hoping to have it on it's way w/in two weeks.
I've had this journal in my possession for the past several weeks and have not been able to add anything to it, due to starting a second job the same week this arrived in the mail. Maurean is letting me have a second shot at it later in it's travels, but for now I don't feel right holding onto it any longer when I can't guarantee that I'd be able to do anything with it over the next few weeks, either. I loved everyone's contributions so far, and hope that mine will be just as interesting. Thank you, Maurean, for your understanding. Lorelei03, I'll be mailing these books out to you Friday morning.
Yayy! These book have arrived and I'm so excited - both to start my entry and to read what the other BCers have done so far. I will definately want to put some thought into this, so more later!
Wow! That was quite an experience - it definately helped me learn more about my (new) town, and it was so much fun to see what the other BCers did with their entries (sand!). What a great idea -thanks!
Sent this on some time ago...? Perhaps in October?
Well....as much as I hate to admit defeat, it seems these journals have been sacrificed to the postal monsters that haunt our bookcrossing endeavors... thank you all for your participation (or, your anticipated participation!) and should anyone find these journals, perhaps they will be so kind as to continue them on their way...until then, Happy Bookcrossing!
Updated: 3/28/05 Yeah! I just rec'd word from PA that these journals are once again continuing on their originally planned journey! I hope they make their way to each and everyone of you, and I look forward to seeing them again, myself!
What great books! The journals themselves are really nice & the entries so far have been fantastic!
These books are on their way to WritinReader. Sorry that it took me so long to finish my entry--I've been very busy planning my wedding. Wheee!! Just 1 more week left! :)
It has arrived safely. I'll add to it and get it moving along. It looks really interesting!
Getting ready to put this in the post to Book-girl-24. Great journal!
In the middle of finishing it, should be done by Saturday.
well, unfortunately, I have tried several times to contact book-girl-24 regarding the status of these journals, but have recieved no response; once again, it looks as tho they have lost their way.
Thank you all for your intended participation. It was fun while it lasted....