corner corner The Jane Austen Marriage Manual

The Jane Austen Marriage Manual
by Kim Izzo | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kiki66 of Gauting, Bayern Germany on 10/15/2013

status (set by kisses-cuddles): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This novel follows Kate, who has just lost her job and needs to get her hands on some cash quickly to help support her family. She embarks on a journey to learn if the ways of Regency times still hold true: that it's better to marry for money than for love and that marrying was all about position.
(ama**review)

Journal Entry 2 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Well, I hoped for more Jane Austen..
It just shows how difficult it is to write like her. And frankly, I didn't like Kate very well.
The way she treated people, some of her reactions.. not really my style!

But since tastes differs - here I'm offering it as a RABCK -
sorry - forgot to change this - it is going to be a Ray...

1. penelopewanders (CH/EU)
2. Soozreader (FIN/EU)
3. lamilla (Belarus/EU)
4. Rochester74 (D/int)
5. Tsjara (NL/int)
6. kisses-cuddles (UK/EU)

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

This has arrived safely in the Swiss Alps - I thought it was a ring, but see it's an RABCK!! Thank you so very much - I was about to explain that I've been away and have come back to a snowdrift of work I have to clear before I can tackle this (the real snow is only on the tops of mountains around here today, not at our level yet). As it's an RABCK, the pressure is off. I look forward to seeing whether Kate enchants me more than she did you, Kiki... thanks for the bookmark, by the way!

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, November 17, 2013

I'm not sure why, probably because of a comment by another reader, but I didn't have very high hopes for this book. So this being said, I enjoyed it more than I was expecting. There were moments when it all seemed a bit too much, and the reality of Griff was predictable practically from the first encounter, but it was on the whole an entertaining read. I'm glad to have been able to read it as a ring. Thanks for making it available, I'll try to send it on soon.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, November 25, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (11/25/2013 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

Continuing its journey after a bit of a rest in Switzerland. Enjoy! Thanks so much for making this available.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thank you very much for this book! I will try to start reading it this weekend:)

Journal Entry 7 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, December 27, 2013

I think this was an entertaining read! I enjoyed it very much so Thank you for sharing! I think it was nice that the main character was a bit different than generally in chicklit books, though in the story itself there weren't too many surprises... I think that the beginning was the best and strongest part of this book, sadly the mid part and the ending didn't reach to the same level.

Journal Entry 8 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 27, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (12/27/2013 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

The book is on its way to lamilla! Happy Reading! :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Monday, January 20, 2014

Thanks for the book and the cute card!

Journal Entry 10 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, February 21, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (2/22/2014 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

The book was of a kind I usually like, but the right mood to finish it while it was in my possession didn't come, so I'm sending it further - wouldn't like to stall the ring.

Journal Entry 11 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I picked up the book from the postoffice today, it was waiting there for me for four days now. Thank you for sending lamilla :-)

Journal Entry 12 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Finished this book very late last night. Once the marrige was set up I couldn't stop reading ;-)
Thanks for this ring. Next adress is asked for :-)

Journal Entry 13 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Arrived here safely yesterday. Thanks a lot for sending Rochester74 (and for the lovely booklabel hidden inside ^_^). This looks like a fun read and since I have no other bookrings here at the moment, I will start with it straight away. Thanks for sharing the book Kiki66! :)

Journal Entry 14 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (4/9/2014 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I quite enjoyed this one, some fun and light reading was just what I was in the mood for. The main character, Kate, was rather annoying sometimes, and I didn't really understand what her "Mr. Right" saw in her (it was quite obvious who that would be). I wonder if the author gave Kate's friends names from Jane Austen novels on purpose? :p
Chicklit isn't a genre I normally read, but this one kept me entertained and turning the pages.

The book is now on its way to kisses-cuddles in the UK. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 15 by kisses-cuddles at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 08, 2014

So sorry I didn't journal earlier. I honestly thought I did! I had a few bookring books all arrive at once. I will start to read this one tonight.

Journal Entry 16 by kisses-cuddles at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Now this book was something differnt for me! I throughly enjoyed it although it was predictible and somewhat simplistic. The last book I read was such a mind screw that this was perfect to unwind to. A very easy read book that has great prose and imigination if somewhat unrealsitic - but then again what romance/chit lit isn't?
I loved this book actually. Any more takers?

Journal Entry 17 by kisses-cuddles at Food Festival - Towcester Racecourse in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (6/8/2014 UTC) at Food Festival - Towcester Racecourse in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

mmmm food festival.