A Gracious Plenty: A Novel

by Sheri Reynolds | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 060960225x Global Overview for this book
Registered by BigJohnLefty of Des Moines, Iowa USA on 10/15/2013
Journal Entry 1 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Thursday, October 17, 2013
Got this on the last day of the Planned Parenthood Book Sale, when everything is 75% off.... a steal of a price!

I picked it up partly because it was written by an author whose other work has been selected for Oprah Book Club.

Plan to read soon.....

Journal Entry 2 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Sunday, December 20, 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable book about a lady whose face was badly burned in a childhood accident, and takes care of a graveyard, communicating with the dead.
I believe the other book I read by this author was "The Rapture of Canaan", which I also liked very much.

Will wild release or RABCK soon.....

Journal Entry 3 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Thursday, January 07, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/6/2016 UTC) at Des Moines, Iowa USA

Am sending this off to bkind2books for her OBCZ.... Hope this finds a good home!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, January 13, 2016
I may read this before releasing. I really enjoyed Rapture of Canaan and had to heard of this one. Thank you for sharing - I'll be sure to place it on my work shelf once I've finished.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, August 27, 2016
This was a lovely story about a woman who was badly burned when young and now is tending the local cemetery. Oh, and she can speak with the dead who linger there. In this story, the dead must get their issues resolved before they can 'lighten' and release themselves from the cemetery and arise to the afterlife. It is well written and there is so much here about life and redemption. Not all scars are on the outside and the dead have much to teach us.

Quotes to remember:

In death, all the wounds begin to heal from the inside out.

What binds us is the scars.